Going gaga over Eva

Lily

B.R
Staff member
3465741491.jpg
Dubai: Fans lined up at a mall on Saturday afternoon to see their favourite Desperate Housewives star Eva Longoria, who is in the UAE to launch the New York New York campaign by Bloomingdale’s.

The actress-model-restaurateur caused a commotion when she arrived past 4pm for an autograph signing with her fans who spent at least Dh1, 800 worth of merchandise at Bloomingdale’s in Dubai Mall.

The fans started to converge much earlier at the venue to get a good spot, while others who arrived late had to be contented with a glimpse of Longoria from a distance. Around 300 hardcore fans dug deep from their pockets for the opportunity to meet Longoria up close and personal inside the shop. Some 500 more fans gathered outside.

Fiona, a teenage fan from Doha, convinced her mom to purchase products in Bloomingdale’s for the opportunity to sit opposite Longoria. The European family based in Doha, Qatar, was in Dubai to do some shopping, but ended up joining the large crowd when they learned that the actress was visiting the mall. There was also a dad and his kids who came all the way from Switzerland to see Longoria in the flesh. He said the experience was “fantastic.”

Afra, a 15-year-old Emirati, brought along a memento that she wanted to personally give to Longoria. “I’m really excited to see Eva in person. I find her amazing and I love Eva Longoria very much because she is a nice and sweet person,” said Afra.

There were also moms in the crowd who tagged along their babies. Some children were seen climbing over the shoulders of their moms and dads just to get a glimpse of the actress.

Mohammad Binzal, an Arab fan, was one of the men who also lined up to see their favorite artist. “I’m a big fan of her and she’s gorgeous,” he said. Julio, another male fan, made a failed attempt to kiss Longoria during his turn in the autograph signing. “I’m really a big fan. I talked to her in Spanish, and I told her that she’s guapa, which means beautiful,” said Julio.

Maurine, a teenage fan, cried after she got up close with Longoria. “I’m so happy and I don’t know what to say to express my feelings today”, she said.
[/img][/COLOR]