Freida Pinto feels snubbed by Bollywood

chief

Prime VIP
Actress Freida Pinto is sought after everywhere but at her home city, Mumbai. It’s been about two years since she witnessed a meteoric rise to international fame with the multiple Oscar winning movie Slumdog Millionaire, but there’s been a paucity of film offers from Bollywood.

“I have done no film in India so it is very hard for people to accept me as an actress. They don't really know who I am or they probably don't take me too seriously,” Pinto told New York Times in an interview.

Freida feels she doesn’t suit the requirements of a typical heroine in Bollywood films.

“I haven't been directly approached to do a Bollywood film. After Slumdog Millionaire I was given scripts to read but was not directly approached. I don't think I fit the bill,” she added.

The 25-year-old actress has however been accepted by Hollywood and world cinema. She will soon be seen in films like You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger, Miral, Rise of the Apes and Immortals.

“They (Hollywood) definitely have accepted me much more willingly than in India. I am not famous in India. I don't get chased around,” she said.

Freida hails from Malad in the suburbs of Mumbai.