Farah's babies on her company banner

Android

Prime VIP
Staff member
By Hindustan Times

The logo of Three’s Company, Shrish Kunder and Farah Khan’s banner, has three little angels in silhouette. They are actually their babies — Czar, Diva and Anya — and the images have been taken from the sonography footage Kunder shot when his wife was pregnant with the triplets.

“There’s a frame in which they are close to each other. The first few seconds of the logo will show the trio before their birth in the film’s credits. I animated the images and gave them wings because we both believe that our babies are angels who have changed our lives. Hopefully, their magic will rub off on our company and first production too.” The idea for the logo, he says, came to him a year ago. “We were looking for something with an emotional connect.” Adds Kunder, “Yes, I’ve shown it to the kids and they’re jealous of these other babies who they think I have adopted,” chuckles the amused father of the almost three year olds.

farahIncidentally, the banner was earlier called Shrish Kunder Film Company. But in 2008, when the three little angels entered his life, it changed to Three’s Company. It flags off on December 25 with it’s first production, Tees Maar Khan, that already has sky-high expectations. “Since Farah and our stars, Akshay (Kumar) and Katrina (Kaif) are pros, I had absolutely no stress as a producer. That begins now,” Kunder smiles.

He has written the script and had originally planned to direct it too. But then he believed that his wife, being the more successful director, was a better bet to helm their first production. Does her vision match his? “If you give the same script to five different directors, each one will make a different film. So once I handed over my script to her, I let it go,” he reasons.

Kunder however composed the theme track. He also worked on the songs of his directorial debut, Jaaneman, and composed the background score too. He insists that apart from AR Rahman, Bollywood does not have music directors who can compose a theme distinctive to a film.

“That’s why I decided to take on the job myself,” he says, admitting that while his director-wife has been raving about the James Bond-like track, he himself is too critical to be an unbiased judge: “I can only find faults.” It’s a thrill hearing Sheila ki jawani everywhere he goes. But he refuses to compare it to the Dabangg item number Munni badnaam hui, rationalising that every three months a new song comes along and is a rage.

The Tees Maar Khan sequel will flag off in January 2012. Before that Kunder will direct two films, Joker with Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha, and Kick with Salman Khan and Sinha again. “Thanks to the stars, both films have already generated enough excitement. Now I have to deliver,” he says, adding, “This year, Farah was the one who got up early and went out shooting. Next year, the tables will turn.”