Emma Watson immortalised by her favourite artist

Lily

B.R
Staff member
2055654199.jpg
Harry Potter star Emma Watson was in for a surprise when she went to purchase a painting of her favourite artist, as he ended up immortalising the actress in 34 new paintings.

Watson became a fan of Mark Demsteader's art as a schoolgirl and wanted one of his works as a present to herself on her 21st birthday in April 2011.

But she was ecstatic when the painter asked her if she would pose for him instead.

"There is a gallery in Oxford that I used to look in after school which exhibited Mark's work. His paintings were always my favourite. For my 21st birthday I decided to contact Mark to buy some of his work,” she explains.

Adding, “When he asked if he could paint a series of paintings of me, I was a bit nervous about the idea at first but obviously incredibly flattered - it was an opportunity I couldn't turn down. I am Mark's biggest fan and I am hugely grateful.”

And Demsteader, who will offer 10 per cent of his proceeds from the pieces to charity, insists it was a pleasure to work with the star. "The idea behind them is to make a collection to celebrate Emma's birthday. I wanted to capture a moment in time, and by making each piece a quick snapshot, I hope to capture Emma as she reaches 21,” he said. “In some way I hope these works celebrate Emma in what she has achieved already, and in all the many possibilities to come.”

The collection is to be exhibited at London's Panter & Hall Gallery in June 2011.
[/img][/COLOR]

*Genius*

Prime VIP
emma watson she is good ..but sometime her performance is not upto the mark...
Rich celebrities ...

thanks