Emma : From Hogwarts to Wallflower

Lily

B.R
Staff member
2704614353.jpg

Dressed as a burlesque vamp, complete with sparkly corset and red lipstick, Emma Watson finally shrugs off her Harry Potter role.

The 22-year-old actress stars as wild child Sam in the film The Perks Of Being A Wallflower.

It is her first leading role since playing the studious Hermione in Potter movie franchise, a part which she won aged only 10.

She said: “I never thought I’d make another high school-esque movie. And here I am as this coming-of-age, American, teen. But it’s very witty, it’s very funny, and it’s very moving.”

Her character welcomes an introverted student called Charlie (Logan Lerman) into a group of friends that she dubs “the island of misfit toys”.

Watson, who had a small role in the film My Week With Marilyn after finishing Harry Potter, adopts an American accent to star in the movie, which is set in the suburbs of Pittsburgh and based on a 1999 cult novel.

Financing for the film was given by Summit Entertainment only after Miss Watson, who has a personal fortune of £26 million (Dh147 million), said that she was interested in starring.

She said: “That I could get a movie made is kind of incredible to me. It’s the first time I realised I had that kind of power.”
[/img][/COLOR]