Dum Maro Dum is not controversial

Lily

B.R
Staff member
3997192153.jpg

Rohan Sippy, the director of the controversial thriller Dum Maaro Dum, says the intention of his film is not to stir scandals.

The film, set in Goa and filled with drugs, rave parties and prostitution, has raised objections from various quarters including Goa Tourism officials and feminist groups about its questionable content.

"It is very unfortunate that all this has come up. This is not a controversial film but instead is our good old chor-police [cops and robbers] story.

"I just read this morning in the paper that the film is going to be screened for some government officials in Goa. But as far as I know, it's not happening and I have not been told about it," said Sippy in an interview with tabloid! on Monday.

Reports from Indian press claim that the film will be screened to senior government officials in Goa before it hits the theatres this weekend. The film releases in the UAE on Thursday.

He hopes the film will enjoy an uneventful release in Middle East. "As of now, I don't foresee any problem and have been told that the release will go ahead as scheduled. More than 40 prints are slated for the Middle East," said Sippy.

The ensemble drama features Abhishek Bachchan, Prateik Babbar and Bipasha Basu in lead roles.

[/img][/COLOR]