DPX Review - PBN - Homegrown

Punjabi By Nature - Homegrown
(The Dholsparx Review)
Release Date: February 27th, 2009

Ok so the CD begins with the heavy track, Dancefloor, by PBN target, Dippa Dosanjh. Definately a killer dancefloor track that deserves an applause! The re-done beat of PBN's previous hit, Tere Nain, also sung by Dippa ji, is a banger man! Undoubtedly one of the best tracks of the CD!

Track 2 is the overplayed Aashiq track by Miss Pooja. Overplayed yes... but this is one BIGGG track! Aashiq has the right elements of a superhit song like timed dhol and oh my god... the sarangi tune @ the end is sick! This is what you call music DJ Dips! :crack

Track 3 is Naa Reh Naa by Sameera. I guess it's what I'd call a rip-off of rising star Des-C's beats. I mean the track is not original @ all man. It's just not right. This track is not 'Homegrown' at all. :lol

Here comes another track called Sohni Lagdi by the man himself, PBN & Apache Indian. Now... I don't wanna be too mean but... the lyrics for the track are just all-out weak. I mean SOHNNNI LAGDI... HO KUDI SOHNNNI LAGDI is so overused. But one thing I did like in the track is PBN singing. This guy has the potential to become the next Jassi Sidhu. He does say some 5abi words in a English manner but it's cool... this guy will go big with singing!

Track 5 is Ah Ni Bhabhiye by AS Amar & Miss Pooja. I realize that Miss Pooja is a big star (and also one of my own personal favourite singers) but this song just sucks. It's the same PBN tune we hear in every frikin' album and the lyrics are waaaaay too "bittin". Original yes, but bittin. :haha

Track 6 is Vas Chalieh by Jaswant Nagina. The lyrics have got some strong meaning but the beat is just not gettin' to me. After a track like Aashiq, I expect a lot more man. This song just shattered my dreams man. :cry

Up next is KS Bhamrah's Jagoo. This song is the most annoying song on the CD!!! What the heck is this?! The same frikin' tune again?! I thought this was a new CD?! >d

Track 8 is Saddi Gal by Kulwinder Kinda. Now I am not even gonna say anything... ok I guess I will... what the nark is this?! It's the same tune again!!! And I thought Bharat Goel's CD was bad... :n

Up next is Charnjit Channi's Chardi Jawani. Now what we have here is the same frikin' tune (3 times in a row now) but this time... we actually got some lyrics goin' here. After hearing Charnjit saab on the Jaan Punjabi CD & song, I was really happy to hear that he's on the CD! And this song does justice to the title! This song is 'Homegrown' fo sho man!

The CD concludes with Lehmber Hussainpuri on track 10, Nach Le. Here's the same frikin' tune again! What the heck is going on? What must it be the same dhol again and again? The beginning is soooo bad and the middle is uggh... I expected more from a PBN + Lehmber track after Dil! :grr

Overall, PBN's Homegrown fails to live up to its HUGE hype. One good track can't make a CD cell man. :n I expected a lot more. :n

DHOLSPARX METER: 4.5/10

onlycheema

Banned
Track 6 is Vas Chalieh by Jaswant Nagina. The lyrics have got some strong meaning but the beat is just not gettin' to me. After a track like Aashiq, I expect a lot more man. This song just shattered my dreams man.

How has this shattered your dreams???
Anyways i will play this track on my wedding.

Half of you guys won't appreciate the music.......ask the guys who were in punjab in time of ranjit mani, devinder kohinoor ah man 15 rupaye ch reel bhraa k leyaunde c those times were real fun.....not like today download mp3 and you just get the hook of the song.....I remember ranjit mani's song mera ranjhe da principal ji haarha katteyo naa college chon naa....it was runaway success and had it been released today a guy from bay area would come and diss the song proper bad like he knows music inside out and probably have never stepped i the studio once.

Track 6 is Vas Chalieh by Jaswant Nagina. The lyrics have got some strong meaning but the beat is just not gettin' to me. After a track like Aashiq, I expect a lot more man. This song just shattered my dreams man.

How has this shattered your dreams???
Anyways i will play this track on my wedding.

Half of you guys won't appreciate the music.......ask the guys who were in punjab in time of ranjit mani, devinder kohinoor ah man 15 rupaye ch reel bhraa k leyaunde c those times were real fun.....not like today download mp3 and you just get the hook of the song.....I remember ranjit mani's song mera ranjhe da principal ji haarha katteyo naa college chon naa....it was runaway success and had it been released today a guy from bay area would come and diss the song proper bad like he knows music inside out and probably have never stepped i the studio once.

Somewhat agreed , coz i can say i know something what goes on inside the studio , but the case today is that day in and day out we are listening fresh songs , so we cant keep a track of each and every song so as a new album comes we start liking it and soon as another artist rlss his stuff we shift urselves there.

SO do u still remember DJ H & DJ rags????????????

Most of the ppl might have forgotten the praises they did for this album , so lets not be harsh with each other it keeps on going like this ;)

majicdesi

Jaswant Nagina - Vas Challeh ..this trak is sik production ceratinly, better than among the list ..

K S Bhamrah (Apna Sangeet) - Jagoo this trak can replace Malkit's Lambra balab jaga ve since its been used too much on the ocassion

Panjabi By Nature & Apache Indian - Sohni Lagdi ok trak nice debut

i dnt knw y did PBN uses the same loops in most of the songs n dropping same beats ..eh menu hi lagda yan any1 else agreee too cos m nt a Pro in Music

hes Next Episode was way to beeter than this 'Gal Ban Gaye',' Gabroo Haan da', jogi part 2

anyways Sachin da Balla kehda har var chalda..Beter Luck next Time PBN

Respect To the artists

Peace OUT

I mean I totally respect the artists man it's not that. I just reviewed the CD on what I thought was right. I mean, in my view, using the same loops over & over again 4-5 times in one CD will just screw over the CD. >d

The only exception is probably Taj-E. :p

first off the track Ah Ni Bhabhiye this songs reminds me of heer by jags kalimax
and second
Jagoo is porbably one of the best tracks on the whole cd ... i still don't know why Bhamarah saab would lend his vocals for this CD ???
lastly, yes i said lastly :D,
Dancefloor is a OK song but, y do singers/writers feel the need to encorpate english terms into the chours for example( RAMBO) like wat !$%# was that

barj

Elite
pbn getin slaughtered for same beats agen. the man knows wt will get him success. these track on one cd yh same old same old, buh as 5 singles wowww

Jus

Filhaal..
Vass Chaley - Jaswant Nagina. Can't stop listening to dis track. Exceptional song frm da albm. Homegrown iz nt at par wid PBN's standard/previous albums - the Next Episode, Settin' the standard and Ready or Not. Nt even a single song by Sanjay Dhaliwal, da man behind so many hits produced by PBN, in dis albm.Wats cooking?