Dolly Bindra is back as Kabootari Mai

Lily

B.R
Staff member
220438686.jpg

After creating havoc on reality show Bigg Boss 4, loud-mouthed Dolly Bindra has been roped in to play Kabootari Mai, an overbearing character in Imagine TV's Armanon ka Balidaan.

The actress will be introduced on the show on February 15. She will play a dominating woman who runs a family business of funeral services.

"I am totally enjoying playing the character of Kabootari Mai. It is a great show and I hope I can make it even more interesting and intriguing. It is a very strong character and an intrinsic part of the story. I hope the audience accepts me and supports me as they have done in the past," Bindra said.

According to the channel officials, Bindra is the perfect choice for the role — given the over-the-top aura that has been built around her thanks to Bigg Boss 4.

"We needed a very good actor for this role — someone over-the-top, entertaining and who could make the role spicy. We did have three to four options, but we decided to go with Dolly because she suited it perfectly," said Saurabh Tewari, head of programming (Fiction), Imagine TV .

The channel is also trying to cash in on her recent popularity.

"We would certainly not deny that Dolly had an edge over others because she has been a lot in the news lately. It is definitely an added bonus to the show. She has something about her personality that has stayed on with viewers and that will help us," he added

[/img][/COLOR]