Dharti:- jimmy new punjabi movie

harmanjit_kaur

Waheguru Waheguru
Navaniat Singh, the director of Smash Hits Mel Karade Rabba & Tera Mera Ki Rishta is coming back with his third film titled Dharti. The film is meant to release in April, 2011. Most of the team is same as Mel Karade Rabba. The film is being produced by Jimmy Shergill and Darshan Singh Grewal (Executive Producer, Ekam). Dharti is going to be a Punjabi-Hindi bilingual film. While the story and setting mainly belong to Punjab, the Hindi version would be an added bonus.

Starring - Jimmy Shergill, Japji Khaira, Raj Babbar, Prem Chopra, Rahul Dev, Surveen Chawla, Rannvijay – the famous VJ, Binnu Dhillon, Rahul Vaidya, Pramod Matho, Shavinder Mahal and Urvashi
jimmyshergilldharti-1.jpg

Jimmy Shergill’s new look for Dharti

“Regional films have a huge market in India as well as overseas if made, promoted and marketed well. Still, I am not looking at increasing the number of Punjabi films that I do every year. That would lead to a saturation point. I would be making my own films now and would also be ensuring that the production values and running length would be controlled,” says Jimmy Shergill who started his Bollywood journey 13 years back with Gulzar’s Maachis.
Its going to be a dramatic thriller with Japji Khehra acting opposite Jimmy Shergill. As per the images, Jimmy Shergill is supporting a mustache in the fashion of Air Force pilots.
dhartifilmjimmyshergill-1.jpg

The name of the film was decided as ‘Dharti’ as it connects to the soil of Panjab and its political culture. A need to make Panjabi films with social messages must be sought so that they could play as a catalyst of change in social atmosphere and we have tried to establish it through this film” says the Director Navaniat Singh.
Jimmy Shergill and Navniat Singh have developed good understanding in their former films and this venture is expected to bring out the best in them. “Most of the film had been already shot in Chandigarh and its outskirts and is on the verge of completion” says the Producer, Mr. D.S Grewal.
dhartifilmjimmyshergillposter-1.jpg

The renowned Music Director, Jaidev who had acclaimed many awards in Bollywood has given his compositions to the film. Navniat Singh has a streak of fetching a number of singers for the songs in his films and this time around he is only making it even wider with famous singers like Mika Singh, Daler Mehndi, Neeraj Shreedhar and Rabbi Shergill have given their voices to the songs. These singers are commercially successful due to many hit songs they have given to the industry. All these singers have their own different genre, style and will bring freshness and add to the harmony of the film.
To contribute to all the glimmering elements, fight master Shyam ji and choreographer Bhupi has been appointed to the task of action flicks and dance direction respectively.