Des-C to release free album titled ‘The Summer Sessions’

*Genius*

Prime VIP

Des-C

Des-C Sialkoti is back and armed with a live band, name and new music. Fresh from touring and writing, the he’s back bigger and better and with his live band Team Des-C to take over the summer with a burgeoning trove of new music.
Having taken a short hiatus since the release of his debut solo album ‘First Flight’, which featured smash hits, Tu Bataja with D-Boy, Jiska Husna, Nachna Onda and Ud Chaliyeh, Des-C has toured Malaysia, Europe, UK and India as well as working on putting together a killer live band. Team Des-C is made up of nine musicians who had been hand picked by Des-C last year to create a band that is full of vitality, talent and that would be able to revive the golden era

of bhangra music.

“Panjabi music is at early stages of what can be a huge resurgence with great young talent such as Foji, Jaz Dhami, JK and more. We are creating a new scene with a revival of traditional bhangra style but with our own twist for 2011 and beyond” explains Des-C. “ Team Des-C started with fans and musicians auditioning to be a part of something that they believed in…hundreds of auditions later we finalised a group of young men who had no music industry experience but bags of talent and passion. We’ve grown as a team and are ready for a great summer of lots of new music and shows”.
Launching this week in time for summer, Team Des-C will be releasing two free audio downloads for fans per week for an entire month. The eight free tracks will feature a series of Des-C’s own solo single hits including Kash Kiteh, Nachna Onda, Ud Chalieh and Jiska Husna. More so there will be four new cover versions of some Bhangra classics including Sardool Sikanders, ‘Miteran Nu Margeya’, Balwinder Safri’s ‘Kyun Door Door’, Hans Raj Hans ‘ Dil Chori’ and finally Gurdas Maan’s ‘Ki Banu Duniya Da’.

The cover tracks have been chosen by fans for Team Des-C, after having seen them being performed live with the band over the course of 2010.

The new addition to the name, Sialkoti is a reference and homage to the birthplace Sialkot, now in Pakistan of Des-C’s ancestors. “I wanted to resonate my thanks for the support of my family and no better way than to add Sialkoti to my name”.

Des-C will be releasing 4 new singles this year with a new album to drop early 2012.

:):)