Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Awards

Lily

B.R
Staff member
From veteran actor Dharmendra to newcomer Ranveer Singh — actors from Bollywood were honoured with the Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Awards, the most prestigious award in Indian cinema, on Tuesday.

The event was attended by Rani Mukerjee, Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma, Sonakshi Sinha, Rekha and Asha Parekh, among others. However, Aamir Khan, who was supposed to attend the show, decided to skip it.

Dharmendra was bestowed with the Phalke Ratan, Parekh received the legendary icon cine artist award, Mukherjee got an award for outstanding performance in No One Killed Jessica and Chopra received a memorable performance award for 7 Khoon Maaf.

"This is my first award for Jessica... and that too this award. So I'm very happy," said Mukherjee.

Sharma was honoured for her excellent performance in the film Band Baaja Baarat and her co-actor of the film, Singh, got the best debut award.

"I'm truly elated and it's a very prestigious award... I hope that whatever little I'm trying to do in the industry, if it makes even the slightest of marks, it will make me happy,'" said Sharma.

"This is the most prestigious award that I've received till now. It's a very big day for me. It's amazing to be here and to be receiving this award," said Singh.