Critics all praises for Ranbir Kapoor’s performance in ‘Rajn

♛Princess

Prime VIP
Ranbir Kapoor has successfully displayed his diverse acting skills successfully portraying various shades as a chocolate boy, a spoilt brat, a salesman, and now, a mature Samar Pratap Singh, the ruthless manipulator in ‘Rajeenti’ who reminds you of the strong performance of Michael Corleone in ‘The Godfather’.

‘Ranbir is fabulous in ‘Raajneeti’… He has a natural talent for acting. His screen presence is strong and engaging and he interacts very well with the camera. The best part about Ranbir is that he has no artifice,’ said film critic Anupama Chopra adding, ‘He is young and should do every role - from that of a psycho man, romantic hero, action star, negative roles, everything.’

Despite the presence of stalwarts like Nana Patekar and Ajay Devgan, Ranbir Kapoor stands out with his performance. ‘He is actually the backbone of ‘Raajneeti’. He brings a reined-in, steel-edged ruthlessness to his character. For sure there is no other actor from his generation who could have played this character,’ said critic Subhash K. Jha in his review.

Another film critic, Omar Qureshi, says, ‘If one looks at Ranbir’s career graph and pulls out any review, he has always been praised universally. He takes a very intelligent choice of script whether that is of a goofy romantic in ‘Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani’, an unconventional pairing, a coming of age story in ‘Wake Up Sid’ or a grey character in ‘Raajneeti’. He is here to stay. He is the future.’
However, Ranbir Kapoor is keeping his head in place and says, ‘I am too new to have an image and I really don’t care for it also. All I am doing is working in good stories, with good filmmakers, playing interesting characters and then leaving it for the audience. There is no plan in my head; so I am just going with the flow and enjoying the journey.’