Country music's royal couple take the plunge

Lily

B.R
Staff member
The most anticipated wedding in the country music world this year doesn't involve a prince or a Middleton.

Country's royal couple Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton tied the knot on Saturday in Texas.

"I'm excited to get married," Lambert said recently. "It's been a year almost that we've been engaged. So I'm just sort of ready for it to get here."

Lambert had been getting in shape for the big day since before the Country Music Association Awards in November to avoid doing a crash diet. "I've sort of been gradually working down, losing some weight and working out," she said. "I definitely want to be a fit bride. So I'm just trying to keep myself in a good routine, a healthy routine."

Apparently, her cardio includes hunting. Lambert recently posted a picture of a deer meat package on Twitter, writing: "Last thing loaded for the wedding!!! Harvested by....me!!!!!" The couple planned to serve venison at the reception.

Lambert also tweeted that she was getting her nails done and making a final trip to Walmart — all reassuring Shelton she wouldn't get cold feet.

"My hopes for the wedding is that she doesn't back out, because not only would it break my heart, but it's going to be a very expensive party to not have at least gotten married there," he said. "But the music is going to be a lot of fun."