Chiranjeevi set for grand comeback to films

chief

Prime VIP

It would be his 150th film

Rejoice, all ye fans of the Telugu superstar Chiranjeevi who have been itching to see more of him on the silver screen ever since he stepped into politics to lead the Praja Rajayam Party. Now, the mega star is set to make a grand comeback to cinema with a film that will have a mass appeal and a message at its heart.

“I will act in a film again. It will begin early next year. We are currently searching for a good script,” Chiranjeevi told media persons in Hyderabad on Wednesday. His last film as a lead actor was in 2007.

Chiranjeevi’s announcement comes just days after his son Ram Charan Tej revealed that his father was seriously thinking of returning to films. Even the superstar’s two brothers, Pawan Kalyan and Nagendra Babu have been prodding their ‘annayya’ (elder brother) to heed to the demands of the fans and do a movie.

“Personally, I feel my next film should be like some of my earlier films 'Tagore' and 'Stalin' which have a strong social message,” the actor-politician said.

When asked if he would still dance with heroines in films, Chiranjeevi replied in his inimitable style: “Why not?”