Censor Cut Tamasha Scenes and Lines But Director Says it Was no Big Deal

Goku

Prime VIP
Staff member
tamasha_640x480_51448275596-1.jpg

"I didn't have big problems with the censor board. They were quite okay with what our film was and gave a few suggestions. They were very reasonable and therefore, I was also reasonable with them. It wasn't such a severe blow. There were words, which they wanted us to censor. The board is sensitive to certain words against women," said Imtiaz Ali
Filmmaker Imtiaz Ali said that he did not face any major issues with the censor board for his upcoming film Tamasha.

The kissing scenes between Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone in Tamasha were shortened by the board but Imtiaz said that the cuts did not affect the movie.

"I didn't have big problems with the censor board. They were quite okay with what our film was and gave a few suggestions. They were very reasonable and therefore, I was also reasonable with them. It wasn't such a severe blow," Imtiaz told PTI.

"There were words, which they wanted us to censor. The board is sensitive to certain words against women and I don't have a big case against them really," added Imtiaz.

Tamasha was given a U/A certificate.

"When a director makes something, and it is censored by the board, he will resent it. It's the rule of the game. I want to be responsible when I am making a film. I have been influenced by cinema and the morality that it extends on us," said Imtiaz.

Ranbir said that he takes censorship with a pinch of salt.

"I heard Pahlaj Nihalaniji has cut the kissing scene in the James Bond movie. I have seen that scene. I don't think three seconds will make much difference. At the same time, I also understand that censorship is very important in our country. We have a strong value system," said Ranbir.