| | Celeb Birthday Spl: 10 Things You Did Not Know About Sachin
Sachin Tendulkar turned 40 today
While Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar celebrates his 40th birthday today, we share some interesting facts about the Master Blaster. From his favourite movie to his most well-kept secret, here are things you did not know about this cricket legend.
- Calm and soft-spoken? Nah! Sachin, a big bully in school, would go around picking fights, leaving the new kids terrified.
- The nanny, who took care of the young Sachin, earned a name for herself — Sacchuchi (meaning Sachin’s in Marathi) Bai. Bang on.
- It ain’t roz-ki-baat that Sachin walks into the theatre to catch a film. But when he did wear a false beard and shades to watch Roja, his glasses fell off.
- Spinning yarns, that’s him too. His friend Satyajit Anekar was quoted as saying, “Once he had cut his finger. He said, he was trying to touch a helicopter that had flown over his terrace.”
- Little Master’s not-so-little feat — he is also a master mimic.
- In a soft drink ad, Sachin was asked to smash around cricket balls with a fly swatter. He told adman Prahlad Kakar, “That would make me greater than the game.” The script had to be changed.
- His fave Holly movie? Coming To America, starring Eddie Murphy.
- When Sachin stirred up fish curry for wifey Anjali, she said it was the best that she had ever had. As a child, he also made his mother look for the recipe of Frog Bhaji!
- Also a somnambulist, Sachin was once quoted as saying, “My habit of sleepwalking has given others a lot of sleepless nights, but nothing more than my habit of talking while in sleep.”
- In Kolkata, Sachin can’t do without his fave — mutton biryani. It’s a delight to watch him eat, say dearies.