Candid Candice makes Bollywood debut

Lily

B.R
Staff member
3624025808.jpg

Playboy model Candice Boucher is the latest foreign recruit to break into Bollywood in director Prashant Chadha's Aazaan, but, unlike her predecessors, she claims she was well aware of Indian films while growing up in South Africa.

"I did know about Bollywood before doing this film, because growing up in South Africa, we did have a few Indian movies showcased on the TV," she said. Adding, "I was a little bit aware of the industry and knew that it's very colourful."

And Candice also claims to be a big fan of Aishwarya Rai, gushing, "She is gorgeous and a great actress too. The fact that she has made a mark not only in Bollywood but also Hollywood, speaks a lot about her. She is beautiful."

The 27-year-old, who plays a sand artist in Aazaan, says she initially found it a bit nerve-wracking to be a part of a Hindi film, revealing, "I don't speak the language and my dancing is also not really up to the mark, but Prashant kind of scripted the role around me and my personality and then he changed all my dialogue to English."
[/img][/COLOR]