Brad begs: Leave my 'dear friend' Jen alone

Lily

B.R
Staff member
669820052.jpg
Brad Pitt's public backtracking over comments he made about his five-year marriage to Jennifer Aniston, continued last week, when he insisted it was "not my intention" to publicly slam his ex-wife.

After comments to Parade magazine, in which he said of his time with Jen, "It started to feel pathetic", went public, Brad, who's in the middle of a promo tour for his new flick, Moneyball, hit back, claiming that people had misinterpreted what he'd said.

"I don't want [people] to say anything bad like that about Jen," he told Matt Lauer on The Today Show last week. "She's a dear friend of mine."

Having told Parade, "It became very clear to me that I was intent on trying to find a movie about an interesting life, but I wasn't living an interesting life myself." Adding, "I think that my marriage [to Aniston] had something to do with it. Trying to pretend the marriage was something that it wasn't." Brad, 47, immediately insisted he was talking about his role in the marriage, not Jen's.

"It grieves me that this was interpreted this way. Jen is an incredibly giving, loving, and hilarious woman who remains my friend," he shot back. "It is an important relationship I value greatly. The point I was trying to make is not that Jen was dull, but that I was becoming dull to myself - and that, I am responsible for."

However, after Jen's fans' furore gathered pace, the star, who is already being tipped for an Oscar nod for his role as Billy Beane in Moneyball, took the unusual step, last week, of further trying to explain himself, and lamented the fact that whatever he says about Jennifer or Angelina will be misconstrued.

"I think it's a shame that I can't say something nice about Angie without Jen being dragged in," he said, regarding comments he'd made about Angelina's parenting skills. "She doesn't deserve it." Adding, "That was never my intention for it to be spun that way. People read things into it that just weren't there."
[/img][/COLOR]