Bollywood's Hottest With Dabboo Ratnani

OT Poster

offtopic.in
shahidkapoorsingle475x607-1.jpg

This year get ready to see some of Bollywood's hottest actors in a shade you have never seen before. Having shot his glamourous models in colour all through the year, ace lensman Dabboo Ratnani decided to do something radically different for his own calendar. "All the stars are comfortable with whatever I decide. They never question me, because we have faith in each other. So whenever I discuss a concept with them, they are happy to go along. I usually share three or four different ideas with the actor. If they are not convinced, we work on it. It is important to be confident about each other; only when the model is able to relate to the picture will he or she be able to give 100 per cent to it," says Ratnani, speaking exclusively to Sarika Sharma,

Ratnani's calendar, which has become somewhat of a Bollywood tradition and every bit as iconic as a Pirelli, is a labour of love for the man who recently topped the list of the 10 most influential people in Asian photography.

"I have been doing the calendar for many years now. It makes me push myself to the next level. Way back in 2000 when I first shot the calendar, I gave away just a few to my close friends and people I worked with. But the response was so encouraging that I felt it was something I had to do on a regular basis. Every year the calendar pushes me to outdo my last year's work. This also helps me evolve as a photographer. All through the year I am shooting for agencies, magazines and movies but the calendar is my creative outlet," says Ratnani.

While he had shot with 48 stars in 2009 to celebrate 10 years of his calendar, this year Ratnani is back to his usual quota of 24 beautiful people from the silver screen.