Bollywood stars caught up in World Cup excitement

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Bollywood stars, many of them diehard cricket fans, were as caught up in the World Cup excitement on Wednesday as their fans.

While actors such as Shah Rukh Khan planned get-togethers, Aamir Khan, Vivek Oberoi, Rahul Bose and Preity Zinta took time off to fly down to Mohali in the northern state of Punjab for the India-Pakistan match.

Khan said he had invited Karan Johar, Arjun Rampal, Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra and Chunkey Pandey to his Mumbai house, called Mannat, while singer Shaan hosted his friends Babul Supriyo and music composer Pritam Chakraborty at his place.

Actors Riteish Deshmukh and Arshad Warsi, who are currently in Macau for the shooting of Double Dhamaal, said they were watching the showdown at an eating joint. "In Macau for the shoot of Double Dhamaal -IND-PAK match-the enitre unit is going to raid an Indian restaurant to watch the match-GD Luck INDIA," Riteish posted on Twitter.

Sophie Choudry complained about being stuck in the studios during the much-awaited semi-final.

"All my friends are either at the match or watching it in a big gang...But I'm stuck shooting!! Gonna sneak into my van whenever I can!" Choudry tweeted.

Many like Neil Nitin Mukesh and actress Anushka Sharma decided to catch the action from home: "I am really excited about India-Pakistan match. I am watching it with my brother at my home. Everything is on hold for the match. I hope we will win," said Sharma.

Abhishek Bachchan, however, said he was not watching: "In my house, we are very superstitious. Whenever we watch television, we lose, so I will be sitting, waiting for my friends to call me and update me on the scores."

* @DinoMorea9: This match in my opinion is bigger than the finals. India- pak. Woww. Dino Morea

* @vivek_oberoi: The excitement and mania around this match is incredible! Thank god the weather has cleared up---it's a bright and sunny day in #mohali ! Vivek Oberoi

* @sidharthamallya: just about everyone I've seen is in some form of blue india shirt..havnt seen any green.. although someone is here in a red Canada shirt. Sidhartha Maliya