Bollywood heartthrob Hrithik Roshan's hideout

Lily

B.R
Staff member
1112368134.jpg

Greek deity is a synonym often associated with this six-foot hunk. He has always had a larger-than-life aura but Hrithik Roshan the man is content living life in a luxurious yet understated way.

Home is where the heart is

El Palazzo in Juhu, Mumbai, is Roshan's address. His huge duplex in the high-rise qualifies as one of the most sought after and costly properties in the city.

The hunk's hideout is best described as warm and classic, yet contemporary. And the credit goes to wife Sussanne for making the house a home. Not only is she the decision-maker when it comes to the whats and hows of the house, she is also the interior designer.

The home reflects a regal aura with its spacious settings, white and off-white walls and upholstery, and wide marble stairs. It's a home where everything whispers and nothing shouts including the family photographs (past and present) that adorn the walls. This has been Roshan's home for the past seven years.

The drawing room on the first floor encompasses full-length bay windows, which offer a breathtaking view of the city's skyline, palm groves and some vintage bungalows.

A recent addition to the house is the newly done-up kids' room for Hrehaan and Hridhaan. Sussanne, a qualified interior designer, was at the helm of this project but Roshan made sure he contributed too.

"Both kids live in the same room and the bedroom has been designed accordingly. Sussanne and Hrithik firmly believe it's always good to keep the kids together because they bond better. I made sure Zayed and Sussanne had the same room when they were young," beams Zarine Khan, Roshan's interior-designer mother-in-law.

To make sure the home is child-friendly, the couple have made a few changes. The in-house gym has been relocated to the terrace and he has also filled his DVD rack with movies the kids like to watch.

Sussanne has designed the gym keeping Roshan's health condition (his knee injury) in mind. But the other members of the family (Hrithik's parents, Pinkie and Rakesh) who live on the ninth floor of the same building, also share this gym.
1668829985.jpg

The room that Roshan cherishes the most is his entertainment den. It was a surprise gift from his lovely wife. "Well, she knew I needed a place where I could be by myself — with my gadgets or just watching movies. So once, when I was on a long outdoor spell, she got one of the rooms converted into a sort of den for me. It was a super surprise!" he says. Although he has recently bought Paras, a villa in a nearby lane, he plans to move there only after his sons have grown up.

The health buff

There is no denying the fact that he has one of the best bodies in the industry. But it definitely doesn't come easy. The gym in his house is equipped with world-class gadgets. Revolutionary fitness fads always find a place in his workout haven. His favourite training partner, apart from his trainer Satyajit Chaurasia, is his petite-framed spouse.
1243088953.jpg

"Privacy is something that Hrithik is always looking for — even in his workouts," his trainer says. Roshan admits he is addicted to workouts, "I don't feel good if I don't work out. Right after the workout, there is a total sense of calm within me. The stress flows out."

He also gives us a sneak peek into his workout regime. "I start my exercise with jogging and then do my regular workout. I concentrate on each part of my body and do special workouts designed for each. I also own two separate sets of exercise equipment — one, which is kept at home, and the other, which I take along when I travel. They are imported pressure pull machines, which help me work out during my free time — even on a flight. With the help of a vacuum press, I fix this equipment on to a flat surface and pull the handle to exercise the biceps. I follow the same process for my legs. This special mechanism is an essential part of my entourage, along with dumb-bells."

The food freak

Roshan says he never refrains from eating something he really wants to. But he quickly adds that he always balances it by either sweating it out or making sure his next meal is lighter. He sheds some light on his eating habits.

"My dietary restrictions are few because I work out. Yet I avoid oily and fried food. I like Chinese and Indian food but I don't like milk so I don't have any milk products except chocolate. Every day, I have a special chocolate shake rich in protein, recommended by my instructor. I also have a heavy breakfast because it's the most important meal of the day. My afternoon meal is mostly on the sets and an evening snack is optional.

"Since I work late into the night, I either have dinner on the sets or go out with friends to restaurants. I have a sweet tooth and love anything that has sugar but I don't overindulge."

Does his wife charm him with her culinary skills? "Sussanne makes the best spaghetti bolognaise. She cooked me a lovely Italian meal on my birthday, which coincided with my honeymoon in Australia. Except for her cheesecake, which is the best dessert in the world, I avoid sweets. And there is nothing that beats the bread pudding my mum makes." He also doesn't shy away from showing off his skills.

"I make the best eggs in the world — fabulous Spanish omelettes and very good scrambled eggs. When I was in school I used to get ready early and then go into the kitchen and make eggs."

He adds: "According to me, one's body is 90 per cent his/her diet. Hence, one should eat only the right food. I eat very little oil, butter, ghee and fatty stuff. I balance out my meals — protein, carbohydrates and fats. I drink lots of water."

An ideal day

When he gets a day off, which is rare, he likes to just chill out at home. Watching movies and spending time with his wife and kids make a perfect picture for him. "Sussanne and Hrithik are devoted parents. No matter how busy they are, they always make time for their kids. Even with his busy schedule, he tries his best to attend school functions and other activities his kids are a part of," divulges mum-in-law Zarine.

Whenever he takes the family out for a holiday, he keeps in mind not to repeat a destination they've already been to, "I don't like to repeat memories because that can't happen," says Roshan. "I would rather explore the places I've never been to."

[/img][/COLOR]