Bollywood bombshell Bipasha Basu breaks up with John Abraham

Lily

B.R
Staff member
499729658.jpg

Dubai: Bollywood bombshell Bipasha Basu confirmed to Gulf News that she has broken up with her long-time boyfriend John Abraham and says that she has "moved on".

"There is a point in a relationship where you need to just give in and you can't try beyond a certain point … Some things are meant to happen and some things aren't. I am a positive person and I have moved on," said Basu in a phone interview on Wednesday from St Petersburg, where she is filming Players with Abhishek Bachchan.

Abraham and Basu were in a relationship for the past nine years and were considered one of the most sound couples in Bollywood.

However, she wasn't ready to speak about what led to the break-up.

"What happens between two people should stay between the two. There's that kind of decency between me and John and that respect should be given to me and John," she said, alluding to the media frenzy which sprung up since rumours of the split surfaced last year.

Singularity

She has since been linked to her Singularity co-star Josh Hartnett and Dum Maaro Dum actor Rana Duggubati.

The break-up is not the only headline-grabbing event in her life. A tape that allegedly involves Basu in a lewd conversation with Indian politician Amar Singh was released on Thursday after the Indian Supreme Court lifted a gag order previously imposed on the tape in 2006.

Denial

The actress, on Twitter, has denied any involvement and said that it's not her on the tape.

"Pls request u all to go n hear d conversation 1st n then if u still think its me, I openly challenge anyone to prove it is me!" tweeted Basu, who was not available for comment on Thursday morning.
[/img][/COLOR]