Bollywood actors don''t reinvent themselves: Bobby Deol

Bollywood actors don''t reinvent themselves: Bobby Deol​

Bobby Deol is unfazed by the recent bad luck at the box office as he looks forward to his next film ''Yamla, Pagla, Deewana'', which reunites him with brother Sunny and father Dharmendra once again after ''Apne''.
The youngest of the Deols, Bobby, who debuted in a romantic role in ''Barsaat'' in 1995 and graduated in thrillers while experimenting with different genres, says when it comes to success at the box office everything boils down to ''luck''.
"I don''t find Bollywood actors in their 40''s reinventing themselves and I don''t need any reinventing strategy to survive in the industry as ultimately it''s all luck that ensures your box office success," Bobby told PTI.
Post the success of ''Apne'', Bobby will once again be seen sharing screen space with his father and brother Sunny in the upcoming film ''Yamla Pagla Deewana'' which celebrates the cine-legend Dharmendra''s 50 years in the tinsel town.
However, the actor insists he is never under pressure when it comes to match the charisma and the emoting prowess of his father who is still going strong at 75.
"I know being comfortable is a different thing and being professional on the sets is a different ball game. But we had a gala time during the shoot as my father is a warm person who has always made our lives comfortable.
"He is confident that his sons are good actors and getting advice from a legend like him is a blessing," said Bobby.
''Yamla Pagla....'', will witness the three Deols in a new avatar. It is a potboiler of comedy, drama, action and romance. The film opens in Vancouvre, travels to Banaras and eventually paves its way to Punjab.
"The idea suddenly propped in our mind as we were listening to papa''s song from the film ''Pratigya'' and we instantly decided to work on the film with the same title though it took one and a half years to pen down the script."
With hits like ''Gupt'', ''Soldier'', ''Humraaz'' and ''Dostana'' to his credit, success has eluded Bobby for a long time whose last horror flick ''Help'' sank without help at the box office.
But the actor laments that lack of good scripts in Bollywood.
"There is dearth of good scripts in Bollywood. I agree my last few films didn''t fare well. Sometimes you like a particular script but it doesn''t turn out the way you expect it to be and you are deprived of hits," he said.
Speaking about his future plans, the 43-year-old actor whose forthcoming projects include ''Thank You'' and ''Players'', is not at all keen to switch gears to production and direction and wants to confine himself to acting.
With newcomer Kulraj Randhawa playing Bobby''s love interest, the film is a hilarious take on mistaken identities. Father-son duo of Dharamendra and Bobby play conmen while Sunny is an NRI. The film also boasts of actors like Nafisa Ali, Anupam Kher, Johnny Lever, Puneet Issar and Mukul Dev.
It is slated for January 14 release to mark the festive mood of Lohri.