Bodyguard is a beautiful love story" - Salman Khan

rickybadboy

Any actor who thinks he is a sex symbol has got a serious problem. He's the Bandra lad whose good looks and deadpan delivery has made him one of Indian Film Industry's biggest and the most bankable star at the box office. Then there are those who take Salman seriously and those who don't. The truth is that he does the same - he takes you in for a ride or he leaves you midway stranded. Then there is his illness and the entire country praying for him. The truth is that he doesn't care and in his trademark style quotes, "I'm alright.

I'm fine. It's just that I had some short circuit in my head". That's when you start to respect the man for not being a star but Salman Khan. He still has the noticeable 'bhai' burr and a slight roughness around the edges but everything else about him screams 'superstar'. I meet the actor at Mehboob studio just hours before he was supposed to travel to the U.S. for his treatment. With his black polo neck t-shirt with 'Bodyguard' printed on it and his favourite denim and black boots, Khan looked as if he cared the least about who is on the other side interviewing him.

I come to know that because he stared at me with unnerving focus, and after a brief pause he smiles but doesn't make an eye contact with you. He then gets up, lights his cigarette, chats with few of his friends who've accompanied him at Mehboob while his bodyguards make sure that no stranger enters his domain. All said but beneath the shiny varnish of his fame and wealth and super power status, there is something appealing about Salman's belief that he could just as easily have turned out doing something altogether more normal. There goes his humour again, "I still haven't figured that out because I'm just normal". UK's Harrow Observer columnist and Bollywood Hungama's London correspondent brings you a quick Q n A with Salman Khan on pain, gain and Bodyguard.

"My earlier two films with Kareena didn't work so hope this time the chemistry changes"
I don't know how my chemistry with Kareena is. Actually she can tell you much better (laughs). But honestly, we've worked together on two films earlier Kyun Ki and Main Aur Mrs Khanna that didn't do well at the box office. So hope the chemistry changes this time around (smiles).

"I had heard of the Bodyguard script when the film was in the making down South"
Yes, Bodyguard is a remake but it's very different as far as characters are concerned. The only character that the director has retained is that of Bebo's. A lot has changed. The whole feel of the movie is altered. I had heard of the Bodyguard script when the film was in the making down South. Atul narrated me the story and he wanted to take the rights.
salmank1-1.jpg

"Bodyguard is a beautiful love story that I'm doing after a lot of action films that have kept me busy"
I don't believe that I am doing all the same kinds of movies. Wanted was different than Dabangg. Dabangg was different from Ready and so is Bodyguard different from all the ones I've mentioned. It's just that because the action is the same, people think that I do similar roles but it's not the truth. Bodyguard is a beautiful love story that I'm doing after a lot of action films that have kept me busy.

"Kareena has been promoting the film as this is my best love story since Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam"
Kareena has been promoting the film as this is my best love story since Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam. I'm surprised (laughs). I can't comment on that because it's her take. It's a compliment but I think this is way different than that. Kareena is one of the best actresses I've worked with. I've also enjoyed working with her sister Lolo who is a dear friend too.

"I like doing movies that I like to watch as an audience"
I like doing movies that I like to watch as an audience. I will never do a movie that someone else liked it and recommended me. The audience's reaction is all what matters to me. That's my award. Bodyguard was originally from the South but because I thought that I'd like to see this film from an audience's perspective. I always do and I will keep on doing just that.

"I've not asked Shera for any feedback on how I should do my role"
My character of Bodyguard was scripted and not researched. So why would I want Shera to inform me how to look and how to act. Tomorrow if I do a film called 'Driver' I will never ask my driver for tips. I follow scripts and that's it. If the director wishes to change anything then we talk it out and I give my inputs sometime. Like the idea of the bodyguard wearing a Bluetooth was mine. That's how today bodyguards look like, right?

"I'd like to believe that songs are the highlight of this movie too"
The songs are becoming a rage, especially the title track that people are dancing on. Kids too love the song. Then there is 'Teri Meri' that's a beautiful rendition. That's one of my favourites too. Yes, I'd like to believe that songs are the highlight of this movie too.
salmank3-1.jpg

"I am perfectly fine. It's just that I had a short circuit in my nerve"
If I wasn't fine I wouldn't have been giving you this interview. Yes, I am going to get this treated and by that time my film would've released. I am taking precautions and will soon get it cured, don't worry. No pain no gain as they say.