Beyonce goes another level with new tracks

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Beyonce unveiled six "groundbreaking" new tracks in New York last week, from her forthcoming album expected in June. It may include collaborations with Sleigh Bells, Diplo and even Los Angeles rabble-rousers Odd Future.

News of the album leaked by way of Denis Handlin, head of Sony Music Australia. After visiting New York last week, Handlin described an "audience" with Beyonce where she played new material for label executives. "It was just amazing," he told Australia's Daily Telegraph. "She came in and played us six tracks from the album. The best description I can give is groundbreaking; she's gone to another level."

It has been two and a half years since the release of I Am ... Sasha Fierce and its slew of blockbuster singles, including If I Were a Boy, Halo and Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It). Though pop and R&B producers such as the-Dream, Darkchild and Jim Jonsin are all reportedly involved in the follow-up, there has also been talk of an indie-rock slant to the album. In January, she reportedly collaborated with Sleigh Bells. The singer has also spent time with Frank Ocean, the R&B crooner in Tyler the Creator's Odd Future posse. "This is surreal," Ocean wrote on his blog last month.

Last week, Beyonce announced she was splitting with long-time manager Mathew Knowles — her father.