Asin's eyeing a noble cause!

chief

Prime VIP
The actress organised eye-care camps with actor Salman Khan in Sri Lanka

Even though it might cost er a Tamil film with outh star Vijay, actress Asin Thottumkal (right) organised three-day eye-care camps in Jaffna and Vuvuniya in war-torn eastern Sri Lanka, with the help of her Ready co-actor Salman Khan's Being Human Foundation.

Asin met Namal Rajapaksa, MP and the eldest son of the Lankan President, and expressed her desire to visit the warstricken areas, when she landed in Colombo a month ago.

The actress, in association with Khan's foundation, flew down five eye surgeons with 1,000 pairs of lenses, after-care medication and equipment required for surgery from India. “The first eye-care camp is a success. Being Human and I will now periodically conduct these camps across the Northern and Eastern regions of Sri Lanka,“ she says, informing that 10,000 cataract patients have registered in the region for surgery in the next camp that commences in November.

Asin, who is currently shooting in Colombo for Anees Bazmee's Ready, also visited Siriliya Sevana Girls Home and spent an afternoon with 150 Tamil war orphans. They apparently requested her to bring Tamil superstars Vijay and Surya on her next visit.

The actress wants to fulfill their wish, too. “There's great demand for cinema in Lanka, and Bollywood and Tollywood stars make people here happy. I had visited the country in 2004 to shoot a song sequence and a few scenes for one of my films. The situation is better now as back then, the place was under the shadow of guns and bullets.“

Ask her if her Tamil film with Vijay will be affected by her gesture and Asin says, “I might face some difficulties but I think the South film industry will be considerate.“[/img]