Ashiesh Roy to enter Papad Pol

Android

Prime VIP
Staff member

Ashiesh Roy who is currently shooting for Colors' Sasural Simar Ka is all set to play a goofy jeweler named Dharamdas on Sab TV's Papad Pol. His character will have various shades and will be mainly seen chasing Vinay (Swapnil Joshi) for money.

Ashiesh's association with the channel goes back a long way after which he made a smooth transition into serious roles like Anna in Mr. & Mrs. Sharma Allahabad Wale. "After playing a serious character in Sasural Simar Ka, the only driving force behind me doing Papad Pol is Vipul Shah. He is not only a good friend but also a great humorist. His shows always make me smile. Also this show has such amazing actors that it is my privilege to be in the same room as them."

When pushed further, the actor reveals another special reason for accepting the role. "When I was narrated the character of Dharamdas, it immediately reminded me of the jeweler in Gulzarsaab's classic film Angoor!" explained Ashiesh. "And that role was played by my senior from college, the late Mr. T.P.Jain. I did not even bat an eyelid before accepting the role. This is my humble tribute to Mr. Jain, who was a wonderful actor, intellectual, and above all, a great human being." The track of this character is not limited to just an episode but has been increased further.