Anushka doesn’t care about her look and walk

Anushka doesn’t care about her look and walk​

She played a simple girl next door in RAB NE BANA DI JODI. Then she got into an altogether different zone by becoming Ms. Smart in BADMAASH COMPANY. Now in her new release BAND BAAJA BAARAAT, she has completely transformed her personality by turning into someone who is just not polished enough to make a style statement.
“That’s right, I couldn’t have afforded to be a proper girl here”, she smiles, “She is just not polished enough and the way she speaks English is also not proper. She is so ‘alhad’ that she didn’t even hold back chewing or coughing while she was talking. This character is someone who didn’t care about the way she walked, looked or behaved.
Due to the Delhi setting of the film, there is a certain dialogue delivery which one can see is pretty much standing out in this Yash Raj production. One can well believe that Anushka must have prepared for that considering the fact that contrary to popular perception, she is neither a Delhi girl nor a Punjabi in real life
“Thank you so much of pointing this out, otherwise I would have been forever tagged as a Punjabi”, laughs Anushka, “See, I was lucky that both the director as well as the writer are from Delhi. There is a lot of Delhi in the script and I had to learn the gestures and the dialogues. I had to learn to speak in a particular way. I had to cut out the pauses and go on and on. There is an altogether different manner in which people speak in Bangalore (from where she comes), Mumbai (where she works now) and Delhi (where the film is set). I had to study those nuances well and deliver