Amitabh Bachchan - from a bankrupt to crorepati!

chief

Prime VIP
We all know that at the turn of the millennium, Bollywood mega star Amitabh Bachchan was going through severe financial crisis. It was then that he lapped up the offer to host the television game show Kaun Banega Crorepati, a show that changed his fortune around.

“Ten years ago in the year 2000, when the entire world was celebrating the new century, I was celebrating my disastrous fortune. There were no films, no money, no company, a million legal cases against and the tax authorities had put notice of recovery on my home,” the 67-year-old superstar wrote on his blog.

But as soon as the show was aired, the overwhelming response from telly viewers convinced Big B that the show was going to be a hit.

“It soon became apparent that it (KBC) was going to be big and prosperous. I merely sat back and played the game as best it could be played. Before long I was out of the financial crisis and signing on an almost two-year deal with the channel that was carrying it,” he added.

The superstar is now returning as the host in the fourth season of the show which will air from October 11, his birthday.