Akshay: Katrina has played an item girl like never before

Akshay: Katrina has played an item girl like never before​

The world is crooning ‘Sheila Ki Jawani’ and resultantly, the team of TEES MAAR KHAN too isn’t allowing the steam to be let off. While the cast and director of the film are currently on an all India tour of the film and would soon be heading for the other parts of the world, there is an exponential rise in buzz and excitement that one can sense in the curiosity around the film which is tipped to take a huge opening at the box office.
Meanwhile, the film is also huge for Akshay Kumar and Katrina Kaif because as a couple, they return on the big screen more than two years after SINGH IS KINNG. Yes, they were seen together in DE DANA DAN and BLUE as well but there was hardly any screen time that they shared. This means that as a quintessential hero-heroine ‘jodi’, it is indeed a reunion of sorts for Akshay and Katrina here.
Smiles Akshay, “I am proud to say as a producer and co-star that this movie couldn’t have been complete without Katrina. She just grows with every opportunity that she is given. What is really amazing is the fact that she has played an ‘Item Girl’ like never before. She has always been great to share a screen with.”
Given the success record that the duo has shared, one can well believe Akshay here. After all films like WELCOME and NAMASTEY LONDON are a testimony to that. “Well she annoys the hell out of me but I wouldn’t want it any other way”, adds Akshay on a lighter note, “I always look forward to our yearly movie together.”
“I must tell everyone that Kat has hammed her way through this movie like a true Jag tap. Congratulations Kat, there is now nothing you can’t do now”, winks Akshay before signing off.