Akon says India is like his second home

Lily

B.R
Staff member
2759106999.jpg
Bollywood is his ultimate goal and India like his second home, Senegalese-American rapper and singer Akon said in Mumbai last week.

The Beautiful singer, who landed on his birthday on Friday, will be performing in Gurgaon and Bangalore.

"Thank you everyone for having me here. I love India and I keep looking for ways to come here. You guys show more than loyalty towards my art and my career. I don't have words to express my feelings... I hope I get many more opportunities to come here and share my talent with you," Akon told reporters.

"I'm waiting to get into Bollywood movies. That's ultimately my goal. I want to do it successfully.

"I'm not quite sure what character [I would play], but I definitely want to do it," said the singer, who has worked with composer Aadesh Srivastava and also sang a song for Shah Rukh Khan's forthcoming film Ra.One.

"Working with Shah Rukh was an amazing experience. He opened me up to Bollywood. He made me see a whole new light and the possibilities. I enjoyed it so much that I'm trying to sneak in now."

Akon is skipping a Mumbai concert but looks forward to performing there soon.

He said he loves Indian audiences and the culture of the country.

"Indians never have a hard time expressing themselves, so you get a great crowd here. The most I love about India is its culture. I love the fact that it is so parallel to African culture. They never forgot their history and passed it down to the generations that's why the culture is so strong here. It's amazing.

"Most cultures do not put emphasis on history. The generations do not forget their traditions and carry on the legacy."

[/img][/COLOR]