Aishwarya Rai - smoking hot in 'Guzaarish'!

chief

Prime VIP

A lit cigarette dangles tentatively between her slender fingers. She puts the ciggie on her lips, takes a drag and breaks into a fit of cough.

There’s been a lot of talk about Aishwarya Rai smoking in a scene in her upcoming film Guzaarish. It was rumoured that the film’s promo was delayed (it was supposed to release with We Are Family) because there were doubts that some viewers might think that the scene propagates smoking and take an objection to it.

However, the rumours were apparently all smoke and no fire.

The film’s co-producer Siddharth Roy Kapoor explains that the scene actually makes fun of smoking rather than propagate it. And the promo wasn’t delayed because of it.

According to a source, in the scene Ash’s character (a nurse) is trying to convince Hrithik Roshan to quit smoking. When he doesn’t she decides to take to smoking herself, but only ends up coughing after a single puff.

Even Ash says that the scene isn’t meant to be taken seriously.

“You saw what happened to me when I attempted smoking in the scene. I coughed and had tears in my eyes,” she is quoted to have said.

The first look of Guzaarish was unveiled in Mumbai on Thursday. The film by director Sanjay Leela Bhansali is set to release on November 13.