Aarti: I am fine with ensemble films

Aarti: I am fine with ensemble films​

In the recent past, Aarti Chhabaria has done a number of films where she has been a part of an ensemble cast. In fact in her career spanning close to a decade, she hasn’t done too many solo starrers. At the beginning of her career, she worked in a multi heroine set up in AWARA PAAGAL DEEWANA where she was paired opposite Akshay Kumar and played an NRI ‘tapori’. Later she had Govinda for company in RAJA BHAIYYA where she played an insane girl. In David Dhawan’s SHAADI NO. 1 she played a glamorous chic girl while in SHOOTOUT AT LOKHANDWALA she was seen as a conservative girl who happened to be a bar dancer.
While she is fine with the way her career is progressing, Aarti doesn’t deny the fact that she would have wanted much better platforms where she could have shone as a solo lead as well.
“But then everything can’t come in just by desiring for it, right”, says Aarti with a hint of pain in her voice, “Honestly, if it was all that easy then world would have been a better place to live, isn’t it? If I had to attract certain kind of offers then I would have asked for only those. Why should I lie? After all who would want to work in films where there are so many people around you? Even I would want to have meatier role where the focus is mainly on me. But then while I wait for that to happen, I have to be fine with the ensemble affairs. After all these are the films that have given me visibility.”
Recovering from her brief moment of sadness, Aarti soon begins chirping again. “Big deal actually; as long as I can shine amongst the crowd, I guess it would be worth it. I would still keep doing my best. In any case not many movies are being made today. I have to pick my best. I always remember the saying – ‘Life is like a box of assorted