Aamir Khan visits Rancho’s school

chief

Prime VIP

In Leh for kids

Ever since he heard about the cloudburst in Leh, one of the worst natural calamites to hit India and claiming around 200 lives, Aamir Khan wanted to visit the school where he shot for his 2009 super hit 3 Idiots. He has fond memories of the place and the wonderful kids of the school.

The Druk White Lotus School, which is looked after by the spiritual leader Gyalwang Drukpa of Buddhist Drukpa lineage, was hit heavily by the cloudburst on August 7. On his visit to Rancho’s school, Aamir tells an agency, “I am here to be with the students because I was told that they are in a state of shock… I will try my best to bring back their smiles.”

Aamir, who is shattered by the incident, was also thankful that there were no casualties in the school, which is situated on the Leh-Manali highway and was shown as Rancho’s (Aamir) school in second half of 3 Idiots.

Now he plans to start a campaign to raise funds for the rehabilitation of the victims in Leh and has also appealed the nation to extend a helping hand. Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra is also asking people to lend their support to the cloudburst victims.