A.R. Rahman and Yash Chopra great union

Lily

B.R
Staff member
3887351986.jpg
One of Bollywood's most influential directors, Yash Chopra, is teaming up with its biggest export to date, Oscar-winning music director A.R. Rahman, for a new untitled film, which will feature superstar Shah Rukh Khan in the lead.

The pair announced today that they will be working together for the first time, to be directed by Chopra himself. This will be Chopra's first film in more than six years, his last project being Veer Zaara in 2004.

Chopra, who founded Yash Raj Films, one of the biggest and most reputed production houses in the industry today, said in a release that it was an honour to work with Rahman.

"Apart from the great honour that he has consistently brought to our country. I am looking forward to creating some wonderful music combining Rahman's contemporary world music sensibilities and my old world sensibilities of lilting melodies."

Rahman added: "I have seen that Yashji always portrays music as the inevitable essence of love and divinity in his movies. I hope as a team we can bring tremendous joy to all."

On casting Khan as lead, Chopra added: "Everyone knows that when I make a movie, Shah Rukh will be involved with it. He is like family to YRF and I have always regarded him as one of my own. There will be two leading ladies in my film. Once Adi [Chopra, his son, also a writer and director] gives me the final draft of the script, I will finalise the two girls."
[/img][/COLOR]