Traditional Moral Story- Why Good Things Happen To Bad People

Panjaban

*~DoAbAn~*
SSA JI Saareya Nu,
I found this story while surfing online. Eh kahaani 2 dostaan baare hai. Gurmukh te Manmukh. Gurmukh, is "a person who follows a path shown by Guru Ji" te Manmukh is "A self-willed person, who does not follow the teachings of Guru Ji". It
might seem a bit long but its worth reading... :)

Why Bad Things Happen To Good People!

Once there were two friends, one was a Gurmuk and the other a Manmukh. Their friendship was deep but Gurmukh believed in God while Manmukh did not. Gurmukh would wake up early in the morning, take a bath and recite the holy hymns while Manmukh would still be in bed sound asleep.

Once they were going on a journey through a forest. As they were passing through the forest Manmukh found a bag of coal. He was very happy because he could sell it and make some money. As they further walked while talking about how lucky Manmukh was to find the bag of coal, Gurmukh screamed with pain. It appeared that a splinter went in Gurmukh’s leg. While Gurmukh was in pain, Manmukh started laughing. Gurmukh was surprise and asked him that why was he laughing. Manmukh said, “You have been worshipping God everyday and what you got is a splinter in your leg. I have never worshipped God and I still got a bag full of coal from which I can make money.”

An old wise man happened to be passing them when he heard Manmukh’s comments. The old man had a big ironic smile on his face. Manmukh was astonished when he saw the old man smile. Manmukh asked the old man to what was he smiling? The old man replied, “You are naïve. You do not worship God. You were destined to find a bag of diamonds today if you have been worshipping God. And Gurmukh, you were destined to die at the moment you got the splinter in your leg. Because you have been worshipping God, the pain of death simply turned into a splinter.”

WAHEGURU JI

MAVERICK

lame!

i believe "Fortune favours the brave"
moreover its a story...i can weave it in direction of manmukh too!

nywajs..these r my opinions. tfs :)