>>>>>>Sikh Women<<<<<

Sonia_Nz

>>>>MaHiYa<<<<
maibhago-1.jpg

From woman, man is born;
within woman, man is conceived; to woman he is engaged and married.
Woman becomes his friend; through woman, the future generations come.
When his woman dies, he seeks another woman; to woman he is bound.
So why call her bad? From her, kings are born.
From woman, woman is born; without woman, there would be no one at all.
These are words that were uttered by the founder of Sikhism, Sri Guru Nanak Dev in about 1499. So for Sikhs from that period, there has been compulsion to treat women as equals and gender discrimination was not allowed.
The Sikh Women always have been, and always will be, the backbone of the Khalsa Panth. Their selflessness lies second to none in the world. In fact, this quality of theirs has earned them the Godly qualities in their lifetime (due to the extremely important responsibilities placed on them)
Guru Nanak worked for the welfare of all to achieve which he strived for equality amongst all. Reading about the lives of some of the women of the Guru period, one realises the extent to which the Gurus were able to achieve their aim.
In Sikhism, the Holy Scriptures have clearly stated that the Sikh woman has always been regarded as an equal with man and has all the rights and privileges enjoyed by a man. She is considered to have the same soul as man and has equal right to grow spiritually. The Sikh woman is allowed to lead religious congregations, to take part in Akhand Path (the continuous recitation of the Holy Scriptures), to perform Kirtan, to work as Granthi (priest) or a preacher and to participate freely in all religious, cultural, social, political and secular activities.
Sikh woman have played a glorious part in Sikh History and have proven themselves as equal in service, devotion, sacrifice and bravery. Examples of their moral dignity, service and self sacrifice are and will remain a source of inspiration. Women are the backbone of the history of the Sikhs, their culture and tradition.

SHauKeeN GaBRu

Chardi Kala
- -
- -
The video begings by informing us that Kaur means lioness.
This information on the video is not right.

The literal meaning of the word 'Kaur' is Prince. It is believed to be a
derivative of the word 'Kanwar' meaning Prince, whereas, 'Singh' is derived
from the word 'Simha' meaning lion.
- -
- -

stop posting such meaningless and wrong material... ur credibility was doubted frm day one and you've proved it once again...

here's the actual definition FYI:
Kaur, (meaning:"princess") in Punjabi, is widely used as a name by female Sikhs. Within the Sikh religion Kaur means Princess whereas, Singh is derived from the word 'Simha' meaning lion. It is believed to be a derivative of the word 'Kanwar' meaning Prince (in Sanskrit).
The tenth Sikh guru, Guru Gobind Singh, made it mandatory for Sikh females to use the second-name Kaur and for Sikh males to use the second-name Singh. The Guru said, "You are my beloved princess, my daughters. You must be respected. How can this world be without you?".
Kaur provides Sikh women with equal respect to men. The Guru Gobind Singh said, "You don’t have to take anybody else's name. You are an individual, you are a princess, and you keep Kaur as your last name.”

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
stop posting such meaningless and wrong material... ur credibility was doubted frm day one and you've proved it once again...

here's the actual definition FYI:
Kaur, (meaning:"princess") in Punjabi, is widely used as a name by female Sikhs. Within the Sikh religion Kaur means Princess whereas, Singh is derived from the word 'Simha' meaning lion. It is believed to be a derivative of the word 'Kanwar' meaning Prince (in Sanskrit).
The tenth Sikh guru, Guru Gobind Singh, made it mandatory for Sikh females to use the second-name Kaur and for Sikh males to use the second-name Singh. The Guru said, "You are my beloved princess, my daughters. You must be respected. How can this world be without you?".
Kaur provides Sikh women with equal respect to men. The Guru Gobind Singh said, "You don’t have to take anybody else's name. You are an individual, you are a princess, and you keep Kaur as your last name.”

you and Krishna in agreement,thats Strange :nerd

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
I havnt agreed with Krishna....he had manipulated the info to support his own viewpoint...:nerd

read my and his info thoroughly

Sorry I still couldn't get.certain member/s have almost left the site because Krishna stated that Kaur doesn't mean Lioness and now you have posted the same thing.

SHauKeeN GaBRu

Chardi Kala
sorry...krishna has clearly mentioned tht Kaur means Prince, whoch is absolutely wrong...the research i carried and the info i obtained clearly states thae Kaur means Princess...i hope tht is clear :nerd

thts it no more arguments