Punjabis Are???

I just had a quick thought/question on us "Punjabi" people. I mean we all are Punjabi but does that mean we are Indian oor Pakistani? Personally, I've always thought that Punjabi people are Indian, but now that it has come to my notice that the real definition of Punjab is...

Punjab - a region/state in southern Asia that spans from central Pakistan to north-west India

Therefore, a lot of questions have been raised in my mind. I mean it shouldn't really matter whether we are Indian or Pakistani (or Punjabi) but I'm just curious to know what exactly we are defined as. >d

Just a question guys... please don't get all controversial :pr

Ok got it... so...

If you're Punjabi but you're born in India, then you're Indian
If you're Punjabi bur you're born in Pakistan, then you're Pakistani

But who cares! :yj Punjabi is punjabi! :da

Ramta

-

Unlike Punjabi's in Pakistan Punjabi's in India are allowed to have Punjabi as their first
language. They have a linguistically created State. And in India they are Punjabi's first
and Hindu/Muslim/Sikh/Isaai later. In Pakistan you are just a Muslim.

And in India just as a Tamil is not required to be any less Tamil to be a better Indian,
a Punjabi too is not required to be any less Punjabi to be a good Indian.

A Punjabi in India is a Punjabi-Indian where Punjabi is the prefix. In Pakistan he is a
Pakistani-Punjabi and the prefix is Pakistan.

Thanks.

-

-

Unlike Punjabi's in Pakistan Punjabi's in India are allowed to have Punjabi as their first
language. They have a linguistically created State. And in India they are Punjabi's first
and Hindu/Muslim/Sikh/Isaai later. In Pakistan you are just a Muslim.

-

Well u r mistaken here, punjabi is used as a dialect only in pak, they dont use it as a language, they write only in urdu.

and yeah half of punjab is in india and rest half was alotted to pak in 1947, the western punjab which is in pak now was actually real punjabi culture, unlike indias' punjab. Though there were equal muslim pupulation in west punjab which came in last 10 centuries from arabian peninsula, and used punjab as an entrance door towards india, settled there, and converted lot of hindus to islam, But again punjabi is regarded as a dialect, and not a language, still punjabi ethnicity is considered far superior then mohajirs and pakhtoons and/or nwfp people, because they are regarded real pakistani generation.

I'm not talking about great or not :slap

I just want to know whether a Punjabi is only a punjabi or does it depend on where you're born.

Like a punjabi born in India = Indian
Like a punjabi born in Pakistan = Pakistani

>d

amanwadhwa

Prime VIP
I'm not talking about great or not :slap

I just want to know whether a Punjabi is only a punjabi or does it depend on where you're born.

Like a punjabi born in India = Indian
Like a punjabi born in Pakistan = Pakistani

>d

yaar sanjay read all the replies your questions answer is there.and not only Punjabi you will find Bengali in Bangladesh(old part of Pakistan)and in shri lanka so how will you define them so if you want more clarification search the net.