Punjabi or Indian???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meri Maa Boli Punjabi

Meri Maa Boli Punjabi
My first day here, just been couple of hours. This site looks very exciting and lots of punjabies. I love it.

Now, before starting this topic, i would like to say that am not trying here to bring the discussion of Khalistan or Country punjab, here I am gonna talk about our identity.

I live in Australia, been here a few years, got lots of friends from lots of cultures. When I first came down here, ppl ask me questions like where I am from. I answer "India". I didnt' see anybody excited or answer would be "oh ok" n stuff like dat. Kinda 'don't care' attitude.

Then I start introducing myself that m from Punjab and what I find people r so curious saying Punjabbb??? Where is that. I said its in North side of India near Pakistan Border. They would ask me, so you are indian why you said you are from Punjab. I answer them coz thats where I belong, thats my motherland, thats where I was born, thats where I done everything in my life. and thats the place I worship and love and truly, I don't have those type of feelings for rest of India though am not racist.

By answering this question first time, I felt so proud and could tell somebody about my identity. The other person from other side of world knows who I am, not just "indian". And by this way, I could tell people my rich culture, my heritage, our punjabi life. And then they ask what is the difference between Punjab and India. I tell them whole history, and here I could also tell what my religion is. Sikh, ppl just get more curious.

I will stop here, otherwise, i am gonna keep writing whole night......

My Punjabi friends, its up to you, but all i want is, we are the newest religion in the world and we have great culture and heritage that we should spread it all around the world. Wherever whenver we meet anyone, introduce urself as punjabies. I know lot of people do that, but who don't know, start doing it please, this way we can save our culture our hertiage and our own identity.

This is not a big step but if we dont' do it as I said above this newest religion and culture would be the fastest to disappear.

Thanks all for your time....

thats what i do ..introduce myslef as punjabi ...its just a step to let all know what our religion is n what our identity is .....
most of the ppl here know tht guys with a steel bangle r punjabi ....n i m proud to be 1 ...

SHauKeeN GaBRu

Chardi Kala
Actually India is a vast country, and many people are ignorant abt the diff diversities and cultures that subsist in India...Now when a South Indian says to a foreigner, who does not know much about India, will start thinking that Indians are like this, and then North-East Indians are completely different from the rest of the Indians and so are we...So this creates confusion in their minds...

full_taur

Very nice thread.. Badi der baad koi changa thread miliya and badi der baad I have met another proud punjabi....

Bai yeah u r very right, we should all introduce ourself as punjabi's.. like everyone in my office and people whom I know, they all knew where am i from and they all know about Punjab & chandigarh....and they all knew about Turbans and they all know Sikh wears Turbans too (& they are diff from Afghanis). yaar there's no doubt about it that the culture, heritage, history, religion basically everything about Punjab is so vibrant and so rocking, that you feel proud to be a punjabi..

But yaar we should not forget that we are Indians too and we should work for our country too.. I agree we dont have any emotions for rest of the country but still our Punjab is in India and somehow if we say we are proud punjabis, that should also mean that we are proud Indian too.. as our country has given us lots of things too....

:y:y:y

Meri Maa Boli Punjabi

Meri Maa Boli Punjabi
Jattpunjabi Ji, main punjabi vitch hi likhna chahanda siga, par ethe appan apni punjabi boli ch nahi likh rahe, punjabi vitch likh ke vi english characters de varton kar rahe haan. Main es kar ke es english characters punjabi vitch nahi likhya, kyon kee main chahanda siga eh visha puri taran paraya jaa sake.

Ke hunda kee har bande de ethe apne style di english character punjabi hai, likhan da tareeka, jaa words de spelling de tarakee. main sochya kuch galat likhan naalon vadhiya ke english hi use kar lanva.

maaf karin veer je koi bhul ho gai hove. apni te maa boli hamesha hi punjabi rehni hai, baki languages te apaan punjabi nuu top te puchaan vaste hi use karde haan. Pyar apni bhasha naal hai, respect sab di hai.

thejatthawk

100% Agree Wid U Guys Same Here I Interdouce My Self As A Punjabi Naw People Know Who We R Well Some Time They Ask Mee To Where Is Punjab Yeh I Have To Explain Them All But Its All Good We Have Diff Culture ,dif Language ,diff Living Style And On The Top Of All Diff Looks And Music
And I Try My Best To Tell As Many People I Can About Punjab I Have My Car Licence Plate Says Punjabi So People Ask What Is Punjabi , Like 3 Years Ago Happen With Me I Was Going Out With My Frnds I Was Driving And Suddenly One Car Comes Next To Mee They Were Try To Ask Mee Sumthing Then We Find Out They Were Giving Us Phn Number And We Got Phn Number While We Were Driving We Called Those Kudiya And First Thing They Ask We R Curious About Ur Licence Plate What Is Punjabi , Lol
So Its All Good / Will Post The Pic Soon Of That Licence Plate
Keep It Up Guys
:)

Pardesan Punjaban

Alone but Happy
main sach sach dasdi
jadon vi koie mere kol pushda
i always says am from india:an
per pata nahi 99.9% times they ask me which part of india
then i explain them every thing like i says am from punjab............northen india, near kasmir,delhi side..............and dasdi abt our culture,golden temple:y ........................etc

NyCzPunJaBiJatTi

•°o.NyCzPunJaBiJatTi.o°•
aaww i always say northern part of india jus so they dont confuse me wit those pple from the south like gujarat or suttin u kno lol :w what i alwayz go by is.....

Sikh by birth..... proud by choice!! :so

Pardesan Punjaban

Alone but Happy
100% Agree Wid U Guys Same Here I Interdouce My Self As A Punjabi Naw People Know Who We R Well Some Time They Ask Mee To Where Is Punjab Yeh I Have To Explain Them All But Its All Good We Have Diff Culture ,dif Language ,diff Living Style And On The Top Of All Diff Looks And Music
And I Try My Best To Tell As Many People I Can About Punjab I Have My Car Licence Plate Says Punjabi So People Ask What Is Punjabi , Like 3 Years Ago Happen With Me I Was Going Out With My Frnds I Was Driving And Suddenly One Car Comes Next To Mee They Were Try To Ask Mee Sumthing Then We Find Out They Were Giving Us Phn Number And We Got Phn Number While We Were Driving We Called Those Kudiya And First Thing They Ask We R Curious About Ur Licence Plate What Is Punjabi , Lol
So Its All Good / Will Post The Pic Soon Of That Licence Plate
Keep It Up Guys
:)

roflroflroflrofl

feel sorry for ya
roflroflroflroflrofl

Konvicted_Jatt

S@RP@NCH
main v es topic bare koi gal shuru karna cha reha c par samjh nahi aa rhi c kitho shuru karan,,,mere naal v ese tarah hee hoyia,, ik din main job laiee ja reha c k piche police d gaddi aa rhi c, ohna ne mainu rok lia te mera licence dekhia te mainu puchia k tu kitho hai tan main ohna nu dasia k m 4rm PUNJAB tan ohne ch ik ne jawab ditta dats gud i like PUNJABI people(ik australian police wale ne keha c eh)tan mainu bahut proud masoos hoyia,,bas pher kee c thori bahuti shan been ton bad mainu jan ditta,, anyway main tan eh dasna chaunda han k lok bahut kujh jande ne PUNJAB te PUNJABIAN bare,,,,han ik gal hor 22g je ehi thread tusi panjabi ch likhia hunda tan kinna changa hunda,,,pher v thanx yaar

SHauKeeN GaBRu

Chardi Kala
Kaneda vich te Punjabiyaan di BAlle Balle hai...:so
last year main jadon geya c othe, airport vich luggage vaste wait kar rahe c, ik Black coolie siga mannu puchhda, and I qupte "BAI TROLLEY CHAHIYE", meriyaan heraan reh gaya, fer baad chon ik hor mere dad nu puchhh ke gaya "KI HAAL PAAIYA", fer ik ne te sidha punjabi ch greet kitta, SATSRIAKAL...meriaan akhaan adiyaan diyaan adiyaan.....
main new year te gurudware mattha tekan gaya, ik White MP othe bhashan dinda peya c.....main te socheya aenni te punjabiyaan nu izzat India vich nahi mildi honi...

MAVERICK

nice thread 22
saareyan ne khaasa kaim likheya...
hor kujh likhan nu bachda hi nahin
bas ehio keh sakdan
Proud to be a PUNJABI

Meri Maa Boli Punjabi

Meri Maa Boli Punjabi
main v es topic bare koi gal shuru karna cha reha c par samjh nahi aa rhi c kitho shuru karan,,,mere naal v ese tarah hee hoyia,, ik din main job laiee ja reha c k piche police d gaddi aa rhi c, ohna ne mainu rok lia te mera licence dekhia te mainu puchia k tu kitho hai tan main ohna nu dasia k m 4rm PUNJAB tan ohne ch ik ne jawab ditta dats gud i like PUNJABI people(ik australian police wale ne keha c eh)tan mainu bahut proud masoos hoyia,,bas pher kee c thori bahuti shan been ton bad mainu jan ditta,, anyway main tan eh dasna chaunda han k lok bahut kujh jande ne PUNJAB te PUNJABIAN bare,,,,han ik gal hor 22g je ehi thread tusi panjabi ch likhia hunda tan kinna changa hunda,,,pher v thanx yaar
Lagda janab, tusi sara thread nahi parya. Upper dekho te eh paro. Main pehlan hi es da jawab de chuka ke main punjabi ch eh thread kyon nahi likhya. Introduce punjabi fonts in this webste, main bahut khushi khushi naal likhan ga. Jinda main keha, punjabi naal mainu bahut pyar hai, but hor languages use karan vitch koi haraz vi nahi, jis naal assi apni punjabiyat bare galan hor lokan tak puchan sakiye. Mera upper jattpunjabi no likhya answer jrur parna janab nai tuhadi white gaddi di aisi kee taisi kar daa gan.

thejatthawk

22 india vich ainee izzat kithey milni canada tey suniya stamp v haigi khandey vaali and aidher amrika vich seattle toh laikey los angeles takk jidhar marji dekh lao can see big sings of khanda like singh farm house bahut vadhiya lagdaa dekh ke :)

lovable_mani

got my love
thread da topic ta bohut wadiya ji
sab di aapne aapne soach hai............
me ek hindu punjabi haan.......
mumbai wich palyean vadha hoya,
me aapne har chuttiyean wich panjab jana hunaa...
menu be punjab de meete bohut pasand aa.........
e sab galan koi be punjabi to puachlo......
saareya da eko jawab hona.....

so i m proud to be a punjabi....:yj:yj:yj:yj

per ku ki me mumbai wich renaha,
(sorry for using english)
i came to know wat is india......
so many languages,so many cultures,so many religions........
but still people livin together, wokin together,studin together, enjoyin their life together....
y r they all together...?
people say sprit of mumbai........
i see is at sprit of india.........
if u meet an indian out of india, u will be so happy to see him/her .i think their will be no problem if that person is not a punjabi.. this is wat its all about being an indian,have the feelin of indian.........:y
i thinkin those indian livin out of india will know this feelin better...

in the end i will just say i m proud indian first then comes mere ma boli punjabi...:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy

Status
Not open for further replies.