nuclear power plant in punjab

deep

Prime VIP
nuclear power plant in punjab???????

what will be advantages /disadvantages?
will it solve power crisis in punjab?

deep

Prime VIP
as far as i know last government was trying to set up a project for nuclear power plants , but its india here opposition means they will oppose each and everything whatever the govt do.
as far as finances are concerned , major part will be contributed by Central govt and rest will be provided by state and there will be some kind of distribution of power generated between state and Center,

in my views it will help a lot to the progress of state as it will remove power crisis,
create employment.

Punjab govt is investing in smaller thermal plants at this moment,
these are total failure, coal supplies are limited , punjab govt is not in position to supply required quantity to ropar and bathinda plants, from where they will get coal for new plants,
its major hit to environment also

deep

Prime VIP
^^what's will be the problem in affording one??

if Punjab has to build upon their own , they cannot afford to build a nuclear power plant in atleast next 50 years, as nuclear power costs many times than a thermal or hydro electric plant.

I dont think it will happen.

I was in india when Akali dal was opposing the congress's initiative to get the nuclear deal through with America. Badal was again playing politics tey nuclear deal dey virudh vote pai a ehna ney.

It can definitly be done with the central government's help but the fact is that congress is at the centre and they wont give Akali's or Bjp anything. Again nuksaan fir punjab da eh politicians karkey.

Badal should be brought down asap if punjab has to get anywhere. This guy plays politics on every issue possible be it the Austria wala baba, SGPC or producing electricity for Punjab.

P.S - I dont see it happening with the current situation.

onlycheema

Banned
it's got nothing to do with centre state relations....afterall gujarat also has got one; dude states also come under centre; it's more to do with willpower; if you are able to bargain your way outta things. You always get what you demand not all but some and nuclear plant is something that can be bargained into;

witt mantri kaun aa es time te punjab da??

it's got nothing to do with centre state relations....afterall gujarat also has got one; dude states also come centre; it's more to do with willpower; if you are able to bargain your way outta things.

If i am not wrong they will have to lobby the Central Government to do that.

You think SAD will do that???

Bargain for Punjab. Ik airport tah bana ni sakey oh chaj da ajj tak.

The thing i am trying to tell people is unless there is a real push for it Badal does not give a crap. The push has to come from the people somehow because our leaders dont care. The main problem is our leaders.

They 2 buzy advancing their own political agenda. SAD voted against the nuclear deal.

onlycheema

Banned
well the thread is going offtopic, yes we get your point SAD congress or whatever is nikammi and all. Hyderabad got moderinised by will power of naidu; his shortcoming was he didn't pay attention to rural areas and didn't win back, i don't know if there is any really powerful lobbyist in punjab government or not at this point of time.

on topic: does getting a nuclear plant will have disadvantages??

on topic: does getting a nuclear plant will have disadvantages??

Ehna cheeza da v dhyaan rakhna chahida...

"Poisonous waste is produced; some of which is highly radioactive.

Disposal of this radioactive waste is a big issue.

The power station is very expensive to build.

Careless disposal of waste in the past has led to pollution of land, rivers and the ocean. "

Nuclear waste di half life bahut jaadah hundi a. Careful disposal procedures and rules are a must.

onlycheema

Banned
Yeah the disposal of waste will be a problem; generally till now it is disposed of in lead containers to contain radioactivity.
But anyways we can't avoid it, the majot problem is it will take like 10 years to build a full plant into generation stages. This time limit is a big one i think.

Mandeep Kaur Guraya

MAIN JATTI PUNJAB DI ..
Uper kujh ppl gall kar rahe c ki SAD galat hai , koi kah reha hai ki Congress galat hai.... sab ton pahlan main kahangi ki main ehna dovan nu hi pasand nahi kardi..kyun ki doven parties hi vaari vaari 5 saal layee punjab nu khandiyan ne...:pop
rahi gall nuclear power plant di... tan jado congress power ch c tan badal isde khilaaf c, te jado SAD power ch hai tan Amrinder is de khilaaf hai.... for example:
“Punjab is a border state and thickly populated at that, and if a nuclear power plant is put up, people would be at risk.It is a big security issue,” Amarinder Singh said (that doesn't mean I favour this party :))
So mere khayaal ch tan doven parties hi Punjab diyan dushman ne....
:thappar
baaki center ton help di gall tan baad ch aundi hai, pahlan state govt. nu ik site final karke eh proposal final karna payega....
but doven sites te hi lokan ne ina virodh kita hai ki Govt. nu pichhe hatna peya...jado tak site final nahi hundi, agge kujh v ni ho sakda... te site koi v Govt. final nahi kar pa rahi, kyun ki forcefully kujh v kita tan ohna diyan votes guwaach jaangiyan.. :o
According to me Advantages
· Punjab will come out from the electirity crisis(now it is getting it from other states. It needs more then 9,000 mws but able to get only half of it.):run

· The fuel does not get used up very quickly in a nuclear reactor.
· Nuclear energy doesn't put anything polluting in the air since the fuel is not burned as it is in fossil fuel plants.

Disadvantages
· However, the nuclear fuel itself is dangerous,
· It is radioactive · When you let it out of a sealed up tube it can be very harmful.

Baaki tan Rabb hi rakha hai Punjab da, saade pind jis din di 24hours wali line lagee hai, us din di sirf 8 hours hi power aundi hai...jado ki pahlan fir v 12-14 hours tan rahndi c...:yes:kiven

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Je Punjab aj united hunda ( punjab+haryana+himachal) the situation wouldn't be so bad.
There are quite a few hydro projects in Himachal and possibility of new projects but they don't have enough finances.Punjab, Haryana can raise the finance but they don't have the geography.

Mandeep Kaur Guraya

MAIN JATTI PUNJAB DI ..
Dhillon tusi bilkul theek kah rahe ho....
fir is tran di situation kadi v na aundi... haryana layee v tan ik nva power project paas hoyea hai nuclear power plant.... but punjab di sarkaar tan apaas hi ladi mari jandi hai ehna ne karna ki swaah hai... Je punjab united hunda tan... hun assi jo power himachal ton buy karde han, usdi nobat nahi c auni... fir te punjab kite rich hona c har field ch, par eh tukde v te siyaasi partiyan ne hi kite c apne fayde layee :( :( :( hun lokaan da bhaven koi v haal hove... eh leaders te AC ch araam naal saunde ne... :sleepy

M

Manjit Singh Ex Sarpanch

Jehra leader ya hor koi kahana ha ki punjab border state hon karke khatra ha.eh kyon nahi sochte ki Haryana te punjab vich kini ku duri ha. Badal sahab te pseb de chairman punjab nu Bijli surplus state das de han. Phar 24 hours bijli kyon nahin dene.Asliyat eh ha ke punjab vich jabardast ghat ha bijli de . Hun Santer de Sarkar N.Plant lagaan nu tyaar ha par eh apni han rajnitik rotiyan sakde rahange te baad c ronge...kole de kami karke paise bina thermal project band paya rahane han.N UCLEAR POWER PLANT PUNJAB DI ...jarurat ha te parmanu khatra te sari duniya de problem ha.

M

Manji Singh Ex Sarpanch

Tacnical advise sirf tecnical person nu he deni chahide ha.wastese da ki hoyega ..leakage ho gai ya other problems wagera bare experts hi gal karan te changa howe. Bijli kini banegi eh sochna chahida ha. Nahin te bematlab kheer wich latt nahin marni chahida.NUCLEAR POWER IS MUST.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Punjab self reliant ta nuclear power naal hi ho sakda,

Na apne kol Dam banan di geography, na coal mines or oil.