I Turned Down ‘Singh is Kinng’: Sidhu

prinzdude

The man who has made it his mission to make the Sikh dress fashionable turned down a role in the movie that has become a byword for Sikh pride.

“I got a call from the producers of Singh is Kinng but I said no. It was a comic role and I couldn’t see myself playing what I’m not,” said Navjot Singh Sidhu.

That didn’t stop the cricketer turned commentator, turned laughter judge, turned politician from turning film star. Except that he did so with the Punjabi movie ‘Mera Pind-My Home’, already successful in Punjab and overseas.

“It is a bigger grosser overseas than Bachna Ae Haseeno and God Tussi Great Ho,” said Sidhu who plays an NRI in the film directed by Manmohan Singh. Sidhu chose the movie “because it was the best medium to communicate my message to the youth of Punjab who sell their land and head to the West to do menial jobs.”

As other cricketers move to the small screen, Sidhu says “I’ve been offered many such shows… I can’t see myself making a fool of myself.”

Would he have advised Harbhajan Singh and Sreesanth against doing a reality show? “It’s written on buses — ‘Sawari apne samaan ki raksha khud kare’. They are the masters of their own lives.” Sidhu is also well known for his fashion sense. “I feel that if they dress well, Sikhs can look better than anyone else. Fashion is a passion for me. I have hundreds of bright, colorful turbans in my wardrobe and they all match my neckties. The moment I buy a tie, I get a turban dyed the same shade.”

Re: I Turned Down ‘Singh is Kinng’: Sidh

sahi gal a sidhu 22 g horan ne tan sade sikhan di shan hor vada diti hai.........................is layi.........:salut:salut

GeNie_iN_a_boTtLe

~~brOwn sUg@~~

it was a gr8 decision to turn down such a movie like singh is king.....crappiest movie eva.....

Sidhu banda taan smart aa...buh menu koi eh samjhao ehe laughter challenge ch ena tapda kyn hai...

prinzdude

waise ah gall taan double standard di ho gayi...

Or maybe, he was concerned that Sikh community is not liking him on laughter challange..

pps309

Prime VIP

it was a gr8 decision to turn down such a movie like singh is king.....crappiest movie eva.....

Sidhu banda taan smart aa...buh menu koi eh samjhao ehe laughter challenge ch ena tapda kyn hai...
tapda nahi, oh bahane ser kudiya de hath lai jaanda :biker

munda_wakhre_type_da

-- Kem da Gui --

sanu crore ded crore dao eho je show da asin tapna chado puthe latkan nu tyaaar ae :d

paisa taa wade wadeya nu tapa dinda hai ji.. :d

Johal

ChArDi KaLaN

Sahi keha Guri bai gg

ih note hi tapunde ne

Saini Sa'aB

K00l$@!n!

tuhanu shayad pata nahin laughter challenge wale chair te killan bann dinde ne shayad is layee