Historical Pics of Punjab

jatt funjabi

gaah pau mehkma
This topic is about displaying Past of Punjab.

(Please note the word Punjab, its about Punjab only including the undivided punjab and present day east and west punjab and punjabi speaking regions now excluded from punjab and parts of Himachal, Haryana and Rajasthan)

jatt funjabi

gaah pau mehkma
At 4:30 p.m. on April 13, 1919, Brigadier General Reginald Dyer opened fire on an unarmed gathering in Jallianwala Bagh. 1,650 rounds were fired into the complex, with the narrow only exit blocked by the troops. Close to 2000 people died either directly hit by bullets or by jumping into the well to scape from the bullets. Most of those that died were not freedom fighters but rather villagers that had arrived in Amritsar for the Indian festival Baisakhi and had gathered in the park.

India was at a crossroads. World War 1 had ended and the spirit of freedom was abundant.
Riots were increasing across the country. On April 10, two Punjab Congress leaders, Dr. ** Kitchlew and Dr. Satyapal, were deported to the Kangra Valley. The day before ** had been arrested. On the Morning on April 13th, Brigadier General Dyer's troops marched through the city and declared that no congregation can happen in Amritsar. In the evening, over 20000 Indians gathered in Jallianwala Bagh, some to visit the park and others
to listen to a set of speeches condemning the Rowlatt Act. When the troops arrived they gave way no warning, they made no attempt to quietly disperse the crowd. They blindly shot.

Dyer, who had his orders from General Dwyer, did not regret his act and was soon relieved from his duty after an investigative commission found the shooting to be unjust. However Colonial India forgave him and he retired in comfort. General Dwyer however, was hunted down by Udham Singh in England and shot. Though very late, he paid the just price for
the massacre at Jallianwala Bagh. To millions of Indians, this place will always be a blood stain on India's struggle for freedom.

Jallianwala Bagh Memorial

57198285img0223-1.jpg

jalian20wala20bagh-1.jpg

Blocked by the British

57198288img0226-1.jpg

Surrounded by walls

57198292img0232-1.jpg

Bullet holes

57198293img0233-1.jpg

2014078986_5ceb8ed059-1.jpg

748218JalianwalaBagh0-1.jpg

Blood stains

57198296img0238-1.jpg

The Well - that hundreds jumped into

57198291img0231-1.jpg

The Indian Oil flame - in remembrance fo the lives lost

57198290img0229-1.jpg

The narrow exit

57198287img0225-1.jpg

prithvi.k

on off on off......
This Brigadier General Reginald Dyer who killed so much of innocent,last dayz was full of suffer,he was not able to speak properly.... he died on July 23, 1927 of Atherosclerosis and cerebral haemorrhage. In the final moments of his life, he is reported to have murmured: "but I don’t want to get better. Some say I did right, while others say I did wrong. I only want to die... and know of my maker whether I did right or wrong."

jatt funjabi

gaah pau mehkma
SOME PARTITION PICS

Train to Pakistan steaming out of New Delhi Railway Station, 1947

11-2.jpg

Rural Sikhs in a long oxcart train headed towards India. 1947

103-1.jpg

An old Sikh man carrying his wife

Oldsikhmancarryingwife1947-1.jpg

A young refugee sits on the walls of Purana Qila, transformed into a vast refugee camp in Delhi.

singh2-1.jpg

A refugee train to Punjab( Pakistan )

part_india16-1.jpg

muslim_refugees_01-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jatt funjabi

gaah pau mehkma
sikhsInFrancePostcard-1.jpg

A remarkable French postcard dated Sept 1914 heralding the arrival of Sikh troops of the 15th Sikh regiment, wearing their articles of faith. The leading soldier is seen holding the French tricolour in his left hand. (Courtesy: Paramjit Singh, Co-author :Warrior Saints, London, IB Tauris, 1999).