gandhi vs bhagat singh

who's method do you prefer gandhi or bhagat singh?

• Gandhi

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Bhagat Singh

Votes: 46 82.1%
  • combination of both

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • neither

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
i have always been interested with the question: who's method toward india freedom was more revolutionary: bhagat singh or gandhi? which method do liked better?

pps309

Prime VIP
To a great extent Britishers leaving India was due to the 2nd world war. That war really broke the back of many nations involved in war. The best thing englishmen could do at that time was to forget about riotous, disturbed India and think about their own country England.

That is what happened. They left India in such a hurry and in such a disturbed condition that millions died on the day of Independence.

P.S-> I RESPECT THE COURAGE OF ALL THE FIGHTERS WHO STAND AGAINST INJUSTICE IN THIS WORLD, WHICHEVER WAY THEY FIND GOOD.

BHAGAT SINGH WAY WAS GOOD BUT INDIANS WERE SCARED OF KILLING GORAS.

My question: What you guys feel about a common Indian? Indians are coward and scared guys. They found licking the ass of Gora's more easier then standing in front of them, fighting and dying with pride.

Apart from Sikh Guru and Sikh generals, we have rarely a few big fighters in Indian history. Few I can remember is Shiva ji, Tipu Sultan, PrithviRaj Chouhan.

I do not consider Asoka as great figher. He conquered only the small deccan and eastern states he never had a chance to fight against something like Gora's or Alexander or Mughals.

I think to an extent the incidents invovling bhagat singh and the actions taken by gandhi ji helped pave the way for "free" india if u can call it that at that time. But gandhi could have saved Bhagat Singh and for that i blame Gandhi ji. He could save a great soul that would have influenced the growth of india into a better and more organized country today.

rajbrar

u guys putting up name oh shaheed bhagat singh and gaandhi in the same sentence is an insult on bhagat singh itself.

u want i can write a lot on this topic

gaandhi was nothing but puppet of britishers

te bhagat singh died a martyr and no can question that

u guys putting up name oh shaheed bhagat singh and gaandhi in the same sentence is an insult on bhagat singh itself.

u want i can write a lot on this topic

gaandhi was nothing but puppet of britishers

te bhagat singh died a martyr and no can question that
i agree..if u deeply go into da history..taan oscho saaf sabit hunda ki angrezaan ne gandhi karan nahi chaddeya siga..there were other reasons..gandhi was just a politician nthg else..he wasn't patriotic at all..je shaheed bhagat singh, Rajguru sukhdev..hunde taan aj india es haal ch naa hunda..oh azaadi different honi sigi economically v

so as brar said putting up name of shaheed bhagat singh and gaandhi in the same sentence is an insult on bhagat singh itself

hooneey

gandhi ji n shaheed bhagat singh cant be compared.bhagat singh was extremist , n gandhi supported non violence . dere ways were diff. but goal was same. BUT I FEEL PRACTICLY gandhi's non voilence theory was easly practicable by comman man in compared to bhagat singh ( but all due respect goes to bhagat singh frm core of ma hrt). dats why masses joind him n show faith in him. MENU LAGDA APAN ENE JOGE NI HEGE KE EH 2 GREAT PERSONALITIES NU COMPARE KARIYE . NA TAN APNE VICHO KOI DESH LI MAR SAKDAE TE NA KOI NON VOILENCE THEORY APNA SAKDAE . ( TE NA HI BAHOTE LOK EHNA DOHAN WANG HUN APNE DESH NU PIYAR KARDE NE). i hv seen many ppl , jehna nu gandhi bare kuch vi ni pata hunda even nor his dob , tan vi usnu gallan kadi jande ne. BUT I TOTLY AGREE WD PPS 309 WHO WROTE ----

To a great extent Britishers leaving India was due to the 2nd world war. That war really broke the back of many nations involved in war. The best thing englishmen could do at that time was to forget about riotous, disturbed India and think about their own country England.

That is what happened. They left India in such a hurry and in such a disturbed condition that millions died on the day of Independence

(NOT TO GR8 EXTNT BUT D SOUL RESN WAS DIS, DATS WHY WE WERE FREED , I THINK D STUDENT OF HISTORY WILL AGREE WD DIS)

abudabu

You're all chatting bat sh*t!

They're both instrumental in winning the hearts and minds of Indians in India, and everywhere else. Whereas Bhagat Singh thought with the heart and had bravery, Gandhiji thought with the mind...and had guile. To even compare them, in the small life and contribution that Bhagat singh was able to provide for his motherland, against the towering accomplishment of Gandhi..is but an insult to the Great Bhagat Singh. Bhagat Singh, at the tender age of 29, stirred a revolution in the hearts and minds of every full-blooded patriotic Indian. Gandhi, on the other hand knew Indians in general...are a bit on the weaker and coward side...so he used the best weapon he could formulate with this - non-violence and non-cooperation. He ultimately did more for India than Shaheed Bhagat Singh...but if Bhagat had lived on for longer..who knows what would've been possible.

2ndly, I'd like to say that tusi saareyaan nu India di badnaami band karni chaidi. Tusi ni maande apne aap nu Indian, theek yaa...koi gal nahi. Twanu apna Khalistan chaida..banao khalistan...lekin ik gal dusna zaroori hona yaa...ke India da batwara nahi hona khalistan banon layi. Mein poora Sikh yaa, lekin mein ni mannda is sikh-hindu-muslim batware'ch. Mein India'ch pala-bada hoya...aur udhar hi apni jind-jaan bitani yaa. Jadon twadi family vilaayet chali gayi si...aapke mataji aur pitaji de baare mein kuch judgement ni pass karna chaunda...but tusi saareya ne India de baare'ch kuch vi bolne da hakk chad dita si. Aur jinna vi tusi keh lo "Asi Pnjabi yaa, saadi kaum hindustani nahi...alag yaa...wagera wagera"...aakhir taan gal uthey hi aake ruk jaandi yaa, ke Punjab India'ch haiga.

The end.

pps309

Prime VIP
You're all chatting bat sh*t!

They're both instrumental in winning the hearts and minds of Indians in India, and everywhere else. Whereas Bhagat Singh thought with the heart and had bravery, Gandhiji thought with the mind...and had guile. To even compare them, in the small life and contribution that Bhagat singh was able to provide for his motherland, against the towering accomplishment of Gandhi..is but an insult to the Great Bhagat Singh. Bhagat Singh, at the tender age of 29, stirred a revolution in the hearts and minds of every full-blooded patriotic Indian. Gandhi, on the other hand knew Indians in general...are a bit on the weaker and coward side...so he used the best weapon he could formulate with this - non-violence and non-cooperation. He ultimately did more for India than Shaheed Bhagat Singh...but if Bhagat had lived on for longer..who knows what would've been possible.

2ndly, I'd like to say that tusi saareyaan nu India di badnaami band karni chaidi. Tusi ni maande apne aap nu Indian, theek yaa...koi gal nahi. Twanu apna Khalistan chaida..banao khalistan...lekin ik gal dusna zaroori hona yaa...ke India da batwara nahi hona khalistan banon layi. Mein poora Sikh yaa, lekin mein ni mannda is sikh-hindu-muslim batware'ch. Mein India'ch pala-bada hoya...aur udhar hi apni jind-jaan bitani yaa. Jadon twadi family vilaayet chali gayi si...aapke mataji aur pitaji de baare mein kuch judgement ni pass karna chaunda...but tusi saareya ne India de baare'ch kuch vi bolne da hakk chad dita si. Aur jinna vi tusi keh lo "Asi Pnjabi yaa, saadi kaum hindustani nahi...alag yaa...wagera wagera"...aakhir taan gal uthey hi aake ruk jaandi yaa, ke Punjab India'ch haiga.

The end.
I am citizen of India, I am still Indian resident but I have every right to criticize the wrong happening or happened in India.

Sir, You cannot stop or blame any one for crticizing India. If Modi do something wrong and ppl criticize its rite, if babri masjid was burnt and ppl criticze its rite, if Golden Temple was bombarded ppl criticze its rite, if Jammu Pandits were killed and ppl criticze its rite.........No nation can expect the citizens to always appreciate that country.

And why I should not criticze.....My age is 26 years, yesterday I turned 26....I worked for 3 years in India and I honestly paid more than Rs 1,48,000 as Income tax.
Believe it or not I never claimed medical, nor even LIC polict tax exemption. Not only me, we were bunch of guys who decided to pay taxes in full without a single tax exemption apart from stnd deduction.

What we got in the end.............Reliance is getting lands at cheaper rate, Infosys (billion dollar company) is getting tax benefits. IT companies are paying just 10% as taxes. Ministers are going abroiad for a minor knee injury.

I can see our tax money going into the hands of blood-suckiing politicians and Industrialist. I have every right to criticze. After paying so much taxes if I go to any govet office for a single work....They will shout and will not do work untill i pay them............

Do you think critizing them in public is not good........do you think fighting against them will not be a good idea.
Actually its not a good idea coz ppl like you calling themselves desh bhagats (actually you are bunch of coward), are ready to pay bribe but not taxes. you can get scolded by a police officer but will not raise voice against them.

If one person is ready to fight, 1000 Indians are their ready to support wrong deeds, coz they just want their work to be done quickly.
My dear friend please wake up, brother-hood and Indianess these are all dictionary words.

We Indians do not seem to treat Indian land as our mother. We do not seem to treat public property as our own property. We do not have a sense of belongingness to India, otherwise we will not piss on the walls of city halls, spit on the corners of every street, dump the garbage on the far corner of street.................

sukkha

Please don't compare Bhagat singh with gandhi. Gandhi's personality is so tiny that he is invisible in front of Bhagat Singh. Gandhi's last agitation was "angrezo bharat chhorhe" which ended before second world war. India got freedom in 1947, so for those 5 years Gandhi was not running any agitation. So how can we give this credit to gandhi?
British asked Gandhi that "How should we treat Bhagat Singh?" He said " you should treat him as killer."
You guys are favoring Gandhi so much, it is not your fault. It is because you have been taught like that. Those who have power they write their own history. So the real facts are being removed from history. Before British people invaded, India was divided in many many states. So Gandhi and Nehru were clever enough to remain alive until British combine all those states to form a new country and hand it over to congress. That was the reason and this shows their love for power and not for country. What you guys think that no one died in Gandhi's agitations? Number of his followers died... but not Gandhi. But not Gandhi.

~dejavu~

b@ck in bu$ine$$

That is what happened. They left India in such a hurry and in such a disturbed condition that millions died on the day of Independence.

P.S-> I RESPECT THE COURAGE OF ALL THE FIGHTERS WHO STAND AGAINST INJUSTICE IN THIS WORLD, WHICHEVER WAY THEY FIND GOOD.

BHAGAT SINGH WAY WAS GOOD BUT INDIANS WERE SCARED OF KILLING GORAS.

My question: What you guys feel about a common Indian? Indians are coward and scared guys. They found licking the ass of Gora's more easier then standing in front of them, fighting and dying with pride.

Apart from Sikh Guru and Sikh generals, we have rarely a few big fighters in Indian history. Few I can remember is Shiva ji, Tipu Sultan, PrithviRaj Chouhan.

I do not consider Asoka as great figher. He conquered only the small deccan and eastern states he never had a chance to fight against something like Gora's or Alexander or Mughals.

[ot][offtopic]
I got nothing to point out but the language...licking the asses?
is it normal for guys from where you are to talk like that in presence of ladies?
I dont know my girl would be pretty offended with someone using such language in any context...now i am not a mod or anything to give you a warning but a general member just pointing out general behaviour of our people which at times after having degrees like PHD, engineering even shows tht some of us lacks the minimal intelligence, commen sense and courtesy a commen janitor would posess...hope you keep that in mind from now on.
[/ot][/offtopic]

as for the topic IMO Gandhi was lucky, he was'nt even asking for whole of india as we have now, it was getting risky for brits to stay in india and was'nt really worth it as they had drained the wealth out to england already, its just like pirates leaving the ship after looting them off their wealth plus as someone mentioned 2nd world war pressure played a big part in it...I also dont completly agree with ways of bhagat singh either as they would pose as terrorists soon...tamil tigers, naksali's..they all started as freedom fighers but lost their ways in the middle...I'd vote for a mix of Bhagat singh and Gandhi plus major luck!! i know many wouldnt agree but thats my point of view :)

pps309

Prime VIP
[ot][offtopic]
I got nothing to point out but the language...licking the asses?
is it normal for guys from where you are to talk like that in presence of ladies?
I dont know my girl would be pretty offended with someone using such language in any context...now i am not a mod or anything to give you a warning but a general member just pointing out general behaviour of our people which at times after having degrees like PHD, engineering even shows tht some of us lacks the minimal intelligence, commen sense and courtesy a commen janitor would posess...hope you keep that in mind from now on.
[/ot][/offtopic]

as for the topic IMO Gandhi was lucky, he was'nt even asking for whole of india as we have now, it was getting risky for brits to stay in india and was'nt really worth it as they had drained the wealth out to england already, its just like pirates leaving the ship after looting them off their wealth plus as someone mentioned 2nd world war pressure played a big part in it...I also dont completly agree with ways of bhagat singh either as they would pose as terrorists soon...tamil tigers, naksali's..they all started as freedom fighers but lost their ways in the middle...I'd vote for a mix of Bhagat singh and Gandhi plus major luck!! i know many wouldnt agree but thats my point of view :)

I am sorry for using the foul language.......I mean it if I am saying sorry...some Mod please edit that post......

yes, I agree with you......it was mostly the 2nd world war and India was also a disturbed state by that time.........But I respect/appreciate the courage of every freedom fighter to come in front and fight against injustice and for their rights.

~dejavu~

b@ck in bu$ine$$
glad you realize it, hope i was'nt too harsh on ya mate... :)

ofcoz i respect everyone who participated following gandhi or bhagat singh, they used to go out of their houses telling their families goodbyes everyday as they themselves did'nt knew if they are going to die in an armed battle with british soilders or in some lathi charge, they were all brave and deserve much more respect than just having their names engraved on india gate.
that took courage and we should respect that courage by making the india the country they dreamt it to be like :)

pps309

Prime VIP
glad you realize it, hope i was'nt too harsh on ya mate... :)

ofcoz i respect everyone who participated following gandhi or bhagat singh, they used to go out of their houses telling their families goodbyes everyday as they themselves did'nt knew if they are going to die in an armed battle with british soilders or in some lathi charge, they were all brave and deserve much more respect than just having their names engraved on india gate.
that took courage and we should respect that courage by making the india the country they dreamt it to be like :)
It was all good.....you wrote that and I realized my mistake....:)

Sometimes ppl associate every criticism with the demand of khalistan and it hurts.

Sikhs are always targetted, there is BODO/ULFA/NAGA in arunchal, nagaland, assam and Naxalities in AP but they will never be under that much criticism as Sikhs.

Even simple protest by Sikhs was shown on TV channels as a start of terrorist era.............

Ik gal kehna mangda ke Je Punjabi Punjabi nu na maare ta Punjab tarakki karda......................Ravan v taahin marya jad wavishan ne osda bhed ja Ram kol kholya

~dejavu~

b@ck in bu$ine$$
haan little revolt by us and they were scared...shows how the world is scared of us hehe, even here i have some arab friends and one of them is from canada and he's bit scared of me all the time and is like..u dont take tensions man let me handle this..he is scared of my gussa...come to think about it..even i am scared of it lolz

pps309

Prime VIP
haan little revolt by us and they were scared...shows how the world is scared of us hehe, even here i have some arab friends and one of them is from canada and he's bit scared of me all the time and is like..u dont take tensions man let me handle this..he is scared of my gussa...come to think about it..even i am scared of it lolz
haan veere gusse hunda ta maara hi aa........even mainu v shettin char janda....but I am trying to control it now-a-days.

~dejavu~

b@ck in bu$ine$$
i am controling it for ages, dont remember last time i actually got mad, i'v tried patience and it pays in my profession a lot, dealing with people...its like people knowing ur sikh that u dont care about anything stupid and dont take crap from anyone, so its a good thing in a way...but patience pays :D

pps309

Prime VIP
i am controling it for ages, dont remember last time i actually got mad, i'v tried patience and it pays in my profession a lot, dealing with people...its like people knowing ur sikh that u dont care about anything stupid and dont take crap from anyone, so its a good thing in a way...but patience pays :D
yes, 100% true........even I am realizing that......
BTW wat is ur profession?