Weight Training Benefits
Weight training, as the name suggests, is the exercise in which weights are used by an individual. It is a form of strength training that helps in the development of the stamina as well as the size of skeletal muscles. In case of weight training, the force of gravity is used for achieving muscle contraction and thus, developing the same. It uses specialized instruments to target specific muscle groups and types of movement. It not only improves the quality of life, but also keeps you functionally fit. In short, weight training can be judged as the key to achieve overall good health by a person. Against the popular belief, weight training is not synonymous to weight lifting. While the former is more a part of an athlete’s training regime, the latter is mainly a sport. Being a form of exercise, weight training is associated with a number of benefits. One of the most basic benefits of weight training is that it helps in keeping the body fit and healthy and also increases the energy. Apart from that, incorporating the exercise in the regular regimen helps in fighting various life-threatening diseases. In the following lines, we have provided detailed information on the health benefits of weight training. Health Benefits of Weight Training
- Individuals who undergo weight training have been seen to have increased levels of HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol) and decreased levels of LDL (bad cholesterol).
- Weight training can reverse the natural decline in metabolism, believed to begin around 30 years of age.
- The training decreases the gastrointestinal transit time, in turn leading to reduced risk of colon cancer.
- Indulging in weight training, on a regular basis, can decrease the risk of developing diabetes.
- Weight training has been associated with lowering of the resting blood pressure of an individual.
- The training has been associated with strengthening the .[/COLOR]
- Those who indulge in weight training are much less vulnerable to lower-back injuries.
- Weight training helps lower the resting heart rate, which is a sign of a more efficient heart.
- The training plays an indirect role in giving a boost to the confidence levels. It makes a person stronger, which helps in pursuing the daily activities with ease, in turn boosting the confidence level.
- Weight training improves the posture of an individual and also improves overall balance and coordination.
- Muscular endurance of an individual is believed to get improved with weight training.
- Weight training not only helps you burn calories while exercising, but leads to a higher rate of metabolism otherwise also.
- Regular weight training helps in slowing the ageing process, thereby making a person look youthful.
- Indulging in the training leaves you energized and has a positive effect on almost all the muscles of the body.
- Weight training tones your muscles and gives you a figure/physique that is worth dying for.
- Weight training not only makes you lose unwanted weight, but also increases your strength and stamina.
- Individuals undergoing weight training have stronger bones than those who do not undergo the training. The training results in reducing the risk of developing osteoporosis.
- Against the general belief, weight training does not result in developing big muscles for women. Instead, it just helps in toning the muscles thereby attaining the right shape.