Uses Of Olive Oil
Olive oil is extracted from the olives, whIch is a traditional crop of the Mediterranean region.The use of olive oil is older than 3500 BC. Currently, billions of olive trees are being cultivated throughout the world, thanks to the numerous uses that the oil boasts of. Today, olive oil is the most common and preferred oil that is employed for cooking, beauty care, natural remedy and so on. It is popular in treating the digestive system gently and is helpful in preventing ulcers and gallstone. Olive oil is also known to protect the body from cancer. Additionally, olive oil is also used as a beauty enhancer, as it is very good for nails, skin, hair and lips. Olive oil contains a natural emollient called squalane, which penetrates into the skin, and replenishes it, without leaving any greasy film on it. Olive oil consists of vitamin A & E and lot of polyphenols that work as beauty enhancers. A good quality olive oil is full of antioxidants. Check out the various uses of olive oil in the following lines. Olive Oil Uses
Surprised with the variety of applications of olive oil? Buy a big bottle of olive oil and introduce yourself to the various uses of olive oil! Take care!
- Want to have soft and smooth feet but donít have time for a pedicure session? Olive oil can act as an excellent foot cream. Apply some olive oil on your feet and put on socks before going to bed. Regular application would make your feet clean, clear and soft. By doing almost nothing, you can get your desired beautiful feet. Do the same for your hands for a smoother feel.
- For pinkish soft lips, apply olive oil to the lips. Olive oil makes them soft and supple. In case your lips are cracked and rough, make sure that you regularly apply olive oil.
- Do you travel a lot and often get sunburn? Mix olive oil with white vinegar and apply to affected areas before a hot bath. Olive oil would not only heal the sunburn, but would also make the skin all the more soft and supple.
- Is your frizzy hair becoming unmanageable? Are you tired of spending hard-earned greens on hair spa treatments at expensive salons with almost no return? Treat your hair with olive oil and watch the frizzed hair get smooth and manageable.
- It is also very effective in making your scalp dandruff-free. Just mix some olive oil with almond oil and apply on the scalp for few minutes and wash to get rid of dandruff. Olive oil also works well to treat split ends.
- To be young and glowing for a long, apply olive oil daily on the skin. It acts as an anti-aging cream because it contains four different antioxidants that work on the free radicals affecting the skin. Regular application of olive oil delays aging and makes you look younger.
- Back from the party, but you just realized that you donít have cleansing milk to remove the makeup? Donít worry. Take a cotton ball and pour a little olive oil to it. Cleanse your face with this.
- Canít find anything effective to clean stainless steel, try olive oil. It makes them shiny and dust free.
- Shoe polishing seems a mess for most of us. As if the bad odor isnít enough, almost all of us stain our hands with the black polish, while polishing our shoes. Apply olive oil to the shoes to restore their shine.
- Itís hard to save the shaving razor from rusting, but olive oil makes it easier. Dip the shaving razor into olive oil to prevent it from rusting.
- Painted your home with beautiful colors, but having a hard time removing the spots of paint from the skin? Olive oil is helpful in removing paint from hair and skin. Just take some drops on the cotton and rub on the affected area.
- Do you snore at night? Do people around you get irritated by this habit of yours? Olive oil has a solution to your problem of snoring. Before going to the bed, take a sip of olive oil. It would lubricate your throat muscles and thus, reduce snoring and also clear the throat.
- Olive oil acts as natural painkiller for earache. Take little olive oil in the cotton and squeeze out some drops inside the ear cavity. It also helps in removing extra wax from the ear.
- Is your shaving cream harsh on the skin? Go natural and use olive oil as a shaving cream for sensitive skin. Rubbing it as an after-shave on the skin is also good.
- Make your adorable, cute and furry cat healthier with olive oil. Adding few teaspoon of olive oil in the food of the cat prevents hairballs and gives more shine and healthy texture to their coat.
- You want to wear your favorite jacket but couldnít because of the stuck zip. Olive oil also helps in making the stuck zipper free.
- Love the expensive and unique furniture you brought for your home. But donít know how to maintain them for a longer life? You can simply do it by applying some olive oil on furniture and metal. Olive oil prevents them from corrosion and tarnish. With olive oil, you can even make your furniture shinier. Just take two parts of olive oil and mix it with one part of lemon. Pour some drops of this mixture on clean cotton cloth. Now rub your furniture with this to polish.