Dry, chapped lips can be a very common problem throughout the year. The main cause being the reduction of moisture from the lips, making them look dry and lifeless. Lips usually have a very thin oily film on the surface that provides natural protection against moisture loss. Check out the causes and home remedies for chapped lips here.
Causes of chapped lips
- Have you ever checked if you're allergic to your toothpaste or lipstick? Angular Chelitis is an infection which occurs on the sides of the lips and can be very painful.
- If you have breathing problems and are inhaling from your mouth, it can be one of the reasons for chapped lips. Even some medicines can cause drying of lips
Dos and Don'ts
- Keep your body hydrated with plenty of water.
- Take your multivitamins and keep away deficiencies.
- Use a chapstick regularly.
- Use SPF liquid petroleum balms.
- Donít lick or bite your lips.
- Use lipsticks with moisturisers.
- Buff your lips with toothbrush gently every morning to ex foliate the dead layer.
- Massage your lips with coconut oil several times daily.
- Apply glycerine to reduce dryness of the lips.
- Aloe Vera is an amazing healing agent for the skin. Put a small amount of the gel on your lips daily to cure chapped lips.
- Crush some rose petals and add a few drops of glycerin to them. Apply it on your lips every night before going to bed. It will help you retain the colour and lost moisture from your lips.
- Rub a slice of cucumber on your lips to get rid of chapped lips.
- Apply castor oil on your dry lips to make them smooth and pink.