Tinea Corporis Treatment
Tinea corporis, also known as ringworm, tinea circinata and tinea glabrosa, is a superficial infection that affects the skin. It especially occurs in body parts like hands, neck, chest and legs. Apart from these, ringworm can also crop up on the scalp, beard area or the groin. The infection can be easily recognized by the enlarged raised red rings with a central area of healing. It is generally caused by a tiny fungus called dermatophyte that lives on the skin surface. Some of the common causes of ringworm include long-term wetness of the skin, minor skin and nail injuries, poor hygiene, excessive sweating, weak immune system, living in crowded humid conditions, wearing tight constrictive clothing and participation in close contact sports like soccer, rugby or wrestling. If you have been infected with the infection and are wondering how to treat the same, this article would be of help. In the following lines, we have provided effective tinea corporis treatmentthat ensures a speedy recovery. How To Treat Ringworm
- Papaya is known to be a great option for tinea corporis treatment. For this, you need to cut some fresh slices of papaya and work them on the ringworm patches. You can even make a paste of raw papaya seeds and apply on the patches.
- Grind some butea seeds and mix it with lime juice to make a thick paste. Apply this paste externally over the affected areas.
- Extract juice from basil leaves and work on the patches.
- Make a paste from cassia leaves and apply this topically over ringworm affected areas regularly.
- Extracting juice from some raw turmeric and applying it externally on the infected area can be of great help to resolve ringworm infection.
- Dilute one teaspoon each of turmeric juice and honey in a glass of warm water and consume it for great improvements in ringworm.
- Mix some carrot juice and spinach juice. Consume it on regular intervals to effectively treat tinea corporis.
- Get a calendula cream made from ornamental pot marigold and apply topically on the affected skin.
- Strengthening your immune system is another treatment for a speedy recovery from ringworm. Include dark-skinned fruits, lots of leafy green vegetables, proteins and whole grains in your diet.
- Several anti-fungal creams are available that can be used as the first line of defense against tinea corporis. These ointments, when applied topically are effective in case the infection is not severe i.e., mild or moderate. Apply the cream twice daily on the affected parts.
- Fungicidal creams do not work when the infection is severe. The infection is said to be severe when the rashes are not restricted to any particular body part, but affect several areas. In these cases, oral medicines are advised for treating ringworm.
- Cover your ringworm infected areas with a sterile bandage or some clothing, while you are with people to prevent contamination of the infection.
- Avoid going to places wherein you need to come in contact with a large number people, such as swimming pool.
- Do not share your personal items like towels, clothing, combs, utensils and so on with other people.
- To speed up healing, wear thin, light and loose clothes.
- Wash the affected area daily and dry it well afterward. After showering, towel your body first and ringworm affected areas last.
- In case your ringworm affected areas do not improve within a couple weeks, head to a dermatologist on an immediate basis.