The Benefits of Almond Oil on Hair, Health, and Skin
Almond oil can mean the difference between shiny locks of hair and thin, damaged hair. Not only does it positively affect the hair, but it also helps health and skin. Almonds contain high amounts of vitamin E, , magnesium, and calcium. All of these nutrients are beneficial. Apply the oil topically or ingest it to improve your health. Use sweet almonds. Bitter almonds contain prussic acid, which is lethal to mammals. Hair Benefits
- Pour one teaspoon of oil on the palm of your hand. Rub it into your hair. Repeat until the oil soaks all your hair. Cover your scalp with plastic wrap and place a towel around the wrap.
- Rub the oil into scalp in a circular motion. Let the oil absorb for eight hours. Remove the towel and plastic wrap. Shampoo your hair and rinse.
- Apply the oil twice a week to your hair. After a week of treatment, you should notice extra shine in your hair.
- Add three drops of oil to cereal or a shake. Almond oil improves digestion and acts as a laxative. Ingest the oil when you are having trouble with bowel movements.
- Substitute vegetable or canola oil with almond oil to make healthier meals. It does not contain any cholesterol or trans fat, which cause high blood pressure.
- Rub the oil on sore muscles after a long workout. It has pain-killing properties.
- Add one drop of oil on your forehead. Lay down and rest for one hour. The oil has therapeutic properties that relieve stress and calm the nerves.
- Pour two drops of oil on your fingertips. Rub the oil on your face and acne. The oil has oleic acid, which adds moisture and cleans your skin.
- If you run out of shaving cream, apply a thin layer of oil around your face before you shave. The oil lubricates the skin for a smooth shave.
- Rub a few drops of the oil on dry spots. Your skin absorbs the oil and keeps your skin shiny and soft.