Teething Babies Tips
Some tips on how you can bring relief to your teething baby.
- During the teething phase babies tend to be in much pain due to the swelling of gums. Take a warm, wet cloth to wipe the face and remove any drool. This will help prevent a rash.
- Babies need something comforting and cold like a teething ring or a washcloth thatís been kept in the refrigerator. Ensure that you wash the cloth after each use.
- Give your baby a cold bottle of water or diluted juice. This can also help replenish the fluids if dribbling gets excessive. Cold food such as chilled apple sauce, yogurt or any pureed fruit will also help.
- Use your fingers to give your child a gentle gum massage. This can ease the pain.
- Ask your doctor if any medicine can be prescribed, to give your baby some relief.
- Never attach a teething ring to the baby, at least not around the neck, as it could cause strangulation.