Summer Beauty Tips
1. Coconut Oil- This amazing scented oil is ideal to incorporate into your summer beauty routine. Not only does it work as a moisturizer for that dry summer skin that you want to avoid, but it also works to moisturize thirsty hair that has been damaged by sun, chlorine, and salt water. Glamour raves about the many uses of coconut oil.
2. SPF- Summer means you are starting to spend a lot more time outside and with a lot less clothes to protect you from the sunís harmful rays. To cut back on products, try getting body lotions that have SPF, and for your makeup, use a tinted moisturizer that contains SPF.
3. Sunless Tanning Lotion- Since we all know that we want to protect ourselves from the sun, the best way to achieve that bronzed-to-perfection summer look that we all crave is with sunless tanning lotions.
4. Makeup Primers- I have become a huge fan of makeup primers; itís the only way I can insure that makeup stays on my face through sweat and water.
5. Makeup: Less is More- Remember that this isnít the season to cake on pounds of face makeup because not only will it most likely melt off, but it also lacks the desired carefree appearance. It is best to stick with tinted moisturizers (which I canít advise enough), some shimmery bronzer, and a coat of mascara.
6. Oil Absorbing Sheets- Sometimes when we arenít sitting in luxury with some air conditioning, we tend to sweat (sorry, I mean glisten). A perfect on-the-go method to combat a sweaty, shiny face is storing some oil absorbing sheets in your purse.
7. The Smokey Eye- For those events that you feel you need a little more than your low-maintenance day look, switch from the black smokey eye to a more summer appropriate bronze and gold.
8. Sandal Ready Feet- Since you are showing off your feet more, be sure to keep them moisturized, exfoliated, and pedicured. After all, no one is going to pay attention to your cute, new sandals if your feet are a mess!
9. Nail Color- Summer is the perfect time to try some fun colors. Ditch the blacks and dark blues, and pick up something neon or pastel.
10. Easy Up-Dos- One of the worst feelings is having long hair down your back and sticking to a sweaty neck. For some low maintenance hairstyles that will keep your hair out of the way, try buns and braids.